How do I transfer music from my ipod to my itunes library?

stephenz

Reaction score
So my computer got a virus and I had to reinstall windows, thereby deleting all the music I had on my computer. I still have an ipod full of music. How do I get my music from my ipod to the computer. Do not say iDump, because it doesn't work. I've tried.

Just google ''How to get songs from ipod to itunes'' and there will be lots of links to help you. Happened to me once and I just did that. Worked a treat.

So my computer got a virus and I had to reinstall windows, thereby deleting all the music I had on my computer. I still have an ipod full of music. How do I get my music from my ipod to the computer. Do not say iDump, because it doesn't work. I've tried.
as far as i am aware you can only transfer music from your itunes to your ipod. You can back up your information on your ipod to itunes but if the music you have saved on your ipod is not on itunes then sorry it wont work. The only other thing i could think of is you connect the ipod to the computer ignore itunes startup and close it. Go into my computer on the desktop and then open up the ipod (it should have a drive i.e drive D) then try and see if the music is in there and can be viewed if so drag and drop on another folder. hope that helps

as far as i am aware you can only transfer music from your itunes to your ipod. You can back up your information on your ipod to itunes but if the music you have saved on your ipod is not on itunes then sorry it wont work. The only other thing i could think of is you connect the ipod to the computer ignore itunes startup and close it. Go into my computer on the desktop and then open up the ipod (it should have a drive i.e drive D) then try and see if the music is in there and can be viewed if so drag and drop on another folder. hope that helps

No you can do it, just do what I posted above and it works. There are a lot of programs that can do it that are free of charge.

when you plug the ipod into the computer... open up the my computer explorer, then go to tools > folder options > click the view tab on top > then click on the "Show hidden files" > then click on the apply and ok buttons.

then open "*names* ipod" then click on music... then hold down CTRL on the keyboard and press A to select all the items in teh music folders... tehn paste into your music folder on your computer...

hope it helps :D