XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Well I am trying to do a 4-2-3-1 narrow formation and trying to utilise the attacking midfielder position with 3 CAM's.

This is my current tactics

racingvbarcelonainforma.png

racingvbarcelonastatsaw.png

As you can see I have found a perfect role for Lionel Messi and it is the one laffles on this website came up with. But my other supporting players are not performing too well. The Lionel Messi role is brilliant. I am just looking for the other 2 attacking midfielders. Need some kind of set up for them to be effective both in front of goal and in terms of assists. Can anyone help?

fcbarcelonabarcelonatac.png

this is the current Messi role I am using. I want the other 2 attacking midfielders to make runs fowards or to play in David Villa.

EDIT: for this match I had 68 percent possession too. If I can perfect it properly, with some help from you guys of course, I shall release it. The tactic is based on mainly short passing with quick tempo. The next screenshot will show you everything that the tactic is about so far. I'm just looking to improve player performances over anything else. As you can see a lot of the shots were taken from close range.

racingvbarcelonastatsma.png

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Thanks for the lack of help. Anyway I figured out a good way to utilise them all and have got an absolutely brilliant run going and my team seem unstoppable! Creates a lot of CCC's too and scores a lot of goals without conceding.

fcbarcelonabarcelonafix.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the lack of help. Anyway I figured out a good way to utilise them all and have got an absolutely brilliant run going and my team seem unstoppable! Creates a lot of CCC's too and scores a lot of goals without conceding.

fcbarcelonabarcelonafix.png

No problem. At least you figured it out yourself. I would have suggested, however, that Iniesta and Paulo (Ganso) Henrique cut inside from going out wide and Messi moves into channels. Makes it more diverse and dynamic.

You may have more attention next time by using this thread: Tactics & Training: The "I have a small question" Thread

In the end I changed the AMC on the right to cut inside regardless of if Ganso, Thiago or Pedro is playing there. Managed to get a rating of 9 with Thiago in that position from 2 assists and a goal one game. Iniesta I use move into channels with a similar kind of individual tactics to Messi but slightly changed to suit him better and I find it very effective. I might upload the tactic some time if I find mine to be effective over a long period of time, I've not seen many good 4-2-3-1 narrow with 2 AMC's tactics on this site and I'm pretty sure there will be a market for it.