How do poeple play through the game so quickly?

nutter453

Reaction score
I've been reading stories and people are playing through whole seasons in a matter of 2 or 3 days in real life. It takes me an age to play through a season. Do most people not watch the matches or something? I can normally get through around a month of matches (~4-6 matches) in around 2-3 hours. I'm just wondering how people manage to get through whole seasons in what seems like 5-6 hours play time.

Wnated to know this as because it takes me so long I always loose interest in a save as it takes me so long to play.

It depends what setting you use. A lot of people who play through a season in 5-6 hours whiz through it using text-commentary only and both highlights + moments in between highlights as fast as they can go.

Personally, fully focusing on the game I could get through a months matches in an hour or a half using 2D/3D (whichever I feel like) setting, set to the 3rd or 2nd highest speed, and moments in between highlights set to highest, however I like to tab out frequently between games or when I'm winning comfortably/losing heavily, so it usually takes me around 2-3 hours per month.

I prefer it that way because it gives a better sense of accomplishment at the end of a season and you can look back at all you've done.

Varying computer specs could be an explanation to it aswell!

I play on a high spec PC so the loading screens don't take long, just managed a League 2 season in about 5 days.

I play on a low spec PC and often wait...................................................................for ages!

Depending on the month in game it can take me between 30 minutes and 3 hours to get through it. Preseason/transfers take me much longer due to looking for players and fiddling with tactics. Once the season is rolling though can easily do 4-5 months in a few hours.

There is a program called "FMspeeder" which let you play faster through the game.

I wonder how old these people are, I can understand if you're 14 years old, you play season after season after season. It's not like you have to work or something.

Also you have to factor that some people have a lot more free time then others, not that it's a bad thing :)

Also you cant judge by stories as i expect others like myself play the save for a while before updating it into a story, like my current story i played a season before deciding that i would make a thread for it so had a lot of updates to make, i dont have an amazing computer and watch highlights on 3d view but can do a season in 2 days? I guess it depends on how and when you play it and if your really keen on the save, i work 50 hours a week and im married and have two little daughters but can still play it for a couple of hours each night when the kids are asleep! Oh and i didnt have a computer for 4 months so am trying to catch up!!!!!!!