Desmond91

Reaction score
How do slides work exactly? (mentality, creative freedom, passing style etc etc)?

What changes from one notch to the next or previous?

Let me explain better ... For example in the passing style's slide, every X notches switches to the next style:

1-6 short pass
7-12 mixed pass
13-19 direct pass
20 long pass

So what changes if I select the short passes to 3 notches instead of 4?

(Now I used the example of the passing style's slide, but obviously I'm referring to all the slides in the game!)

the further the slider the further the certain setting will get.. so the more attacking the more area the player will move into to create space, the more area he moves around out of his zone.. so defensive will only move for eg: 2 meters, attacking will move 8m

passing, the further the passing sliders are the more range that player will play passes too

get what I am saying.. lol, I am sick and cant think of a better way to explain it right now, brain not working at its full capacity :p

the further the slider the further the certain setting will get.. so the more attacking the more area the player will move into to create space, the more area he moves around out of his zone.. so defensive will only move for eg: 2 meters, attacking will move 8m

Do you referring at the mentality's slide here?

passing, the further the passing sliders are the more range that player will play passes too

So, if you move the cursor to right (still within range of the same style) the intensity of passes will rise?

Each notch will change the distance of the passes. The difference between notch 1 and notch 6 (Though both still in Short) is greater than the difference between notch 6 and notch 7 (Going from Short to Mixed).

which is the difference between the slide of mentality and run from deep slide?

If I set the slide on "Easy" is not the equivalent of setting the mentality to "Defensive"?

And the same thing for:

Run from deep Normal = Normal mentality
Run from deep Hard = Attacking mentality

Last edited:
No. Its tendencys. Run from deep = often means that he Will do this more often than if setting it to normal. Mentality mean that he Will be places higher/deeper or look for his attacking/defensive settings more frequent/less.

My best suggestion is that you have à read in the manual about what things do. Dont focus on sliders as such BUT instead look at the TC