How do transfer monthly instalments work?

MAHayward

Reaction score
I always thought that:

Example: You have £10million left transfer budget. But you want a player who is valued at £20million. I thought you could pay the £10million you've got, then pay the rest over 12months or whatever.

I know once you pay your £10million you wont have anything to pay monthly. But then why does it take all your money if you do it the other way.

Example: You buy a player for £10million but decide to pay it over 12 months. So no up front payment. Because you're spreading it over a year.

Is there any benefits to this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

if you pay within the 12 months the funds will come out straight away, it's best to pay 32-48 months

Yes and no the benefits are you don't have to pay it up front but the bad thing is you will be paying likely 500k per month (could cripple you finances)

Recommend using this option only when you absolutely have to, it can really "**** up" your balance and using this alot will only get your club in "-".

The way i work on my transfers is - I pay all of the Players I bring in with 48 month installment method...but when i sell them i as well sell them on 48 month method...before the Transfer Window Begins, i analyze my squad and Pick out the Players i want to sell and then offer them out at their prices 1.5 times out of which i ask for 20% to be paid now and remaining to be paid in 48mths...

An Example - Lennon is valued at 10m...i offer him out at 15m out of which i ask for 3m to be paid now and the remaining 12m in 48mths...that means i get 250k per month for the next 48 mths...Do this for all the players and then count transfer inomings and then spend the money on 48 months method and still your finances wont be Crippled like some guys on here suggested

Thanks all for the replies. But its a waste really i think. I thought it was a way to buy players without and budget. And pay on installments. Buts if you've got the money to buy the players you might as well pay out right.

What bugs me is that the clubs ask for 100% more then the value of the player.

Thanks all for the replies. But its a waste really i think. I thought it was a way to buy players without and budget. And pay on installments. Buts if you've got the money to buy the players you might as well pay out right.

What bugs me is that the clubs ask for 100% more then the value of the player.

That because they dont want to sell him. If you have a player worth 8mill, a player that you would actually like to buy if he was not already at your club, would like to sell him for 8 mill ?

Recommend using this option only when you absolutely have to, it can really "**** up" your balance and using this alot will only get your club in "-".
This. I personally use the installments method, but I also sell people like this, so I balance it out so i make a profit.