maccya

Reaction score
Every time I face the top 4 or the big teams in Europe, my team just seems to crumble and forgot basic instructions. I am trying to play attractive football (hate the style of football BFS makes us play IRL) so I can understand it can backfire sometimes but this happens season after season. I play as West Ham and we are pushing for titles now currently in 2017. We don't have the financial power to improve the squad every transfer window like Man United, City, Chelsea or Tottenham who seem to have about the majority of the best players in the world even though we make about 50-70 mil profit every season. Gold and Sullivan are rather stingy :(. I can accept that I can be beaten by the big boys, it's normal and happens in real life but I would like to know how to beat them or at least scrape a draw. Losing 2-0, 4-0 and 3-0 against all of them in a row (hate the fixture computer) or in the season in general is so demoralising especially because they all seem to be rivals which is completely stupid. This leads us to drawing games we should win. So...
How do you beat the big teams?

I would also like to know this. In my first season (I'm Tottenham) I was able to beat the big teams but now I struggle to beat all of the big teams. Strangely enough the only big team I've beaten using the tactics I always use is Barcelona in the Europa League who I beat 4-2 in the first leg away and 2-3 in the second.:p Other than that though a draw was the best I could manage against the other top 6 and it cost me very dearly

Have a nice defensive tactic that focuses on counter-attacking (buy a couple of pacey forwards), set match prep for that week to defensive positioning, learn about good team talk and OIs...

Or, you know, save and reload ;)

I play with Inter and I use a very defensive approach (deep 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders and strong goalkeeper/defenders). Personally, unlike others, I use Counter to very good effect against equal or weaker teams. Against very strong teams (Juventus, Paris Saint Germain), I have more sucess using Defensive approach to hold them off and win the occasional corner kick, free kick.

A good player who can play as a centre-back or a ball-winner midfielder is Kyriakos Papadopoulos, a monster.

Last edited: