How do you buy rival club's players!?!?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reggaezal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 14K

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Other than splurging out 4 or 5 times their original price, how do you get them?

i have tried being friendly to the manager, persuading the player and sending in really good deals despite the low transfer bid (17m for a 5m rated player is pretty high to begin with) but still no dice.

Any tricks in making bids that you guys can tell me? :D

befriend the manager, make positive comments on him, it makes them more likely to agree & works just as well when their not a rival club(better as u can get important team guys for less $).(H)

befriend the manager, make positive comments on him, it makes them more likely to agree & works just as well when their not a rival club(better as u can get important team guys for less $).(H)

Agreed in some cases, as alot of the time you may just be going for players they dont want to sell (I tend to do that alot) ^^)

....Do the cheater way - add a new manager , choose the player's (that you wanted to buy) team then make an offer for £0 then choose the new manager you created to retire, a new manager will take the job and then tadda the player is yours.

If the player doesn't indicate that he want to join your club just use the newly created manager to terminate contract/ keep give negative comments

....Do the cheater way - add a new manager , choose the player's (that you wanted to buy) team then make an offer for £0 then choose the new manager you created to retire, a new manager will take the job and then tadda the player is yours.

If the player doesn't indicate that he want to join your club just use the newly created manager to terminate contract/ keep give negative comments

What's the point in that?
That way takes everything out of the game....

Offer sh*tloads of money, and expect you fans and players dont want to see you head roll for buying a renegade

Unsettle the player and also get the player to 'like' you by praising them. It helps if the rival manager likes you, but i rarely get a manager to like me..i don't like to be a suck up! :P

i managed to get rooney with arsenal once for £32 million it was the fourth season as well so he was still youngish heres how i did it?

1) win the premier league 3 years running with the odd champions league and fa cup
2)hope that united drop out of the top four for three seasons running
3) put you nose up rooneys as and praise like mad
4)hope that martin o'neil takes over at man united who is your best friend in the game

if that happens you can sign them worked for me

i managed to get rooney with arsenal once for £32 million it was the fourth season as well so he was still youngish heres how i did it?

1) win the premier league 3 years running with the odd champions league and fa cup
2)hope that united drop out of the top four for three seasons running
3) put you nose up rooneys as and praise like mad
4)hope that martin o'neil takes over at man united who is your best friend in the game

if that happens you can sign them worked for me

thats full of win lol!

thanks for the tips, will be trying to sign him in the next season, the player "appreciates my comments but feels sometimes praise is needed from his own manager" (6) hehehehehe.

And you call yourself 'WonderManager' XD

It's difficult to sign players from rivals if not impossible, just like in real life. Offering **** loads of money is the easiest way if you have the finances.

And you call yourself 'WonderManager' XD

It's difficult to sign players from rivals if not impossible, just like in real life. Offering **** loads of money is the easiest way if you have the finances.
It's just an advice. And you swear you never cheat in football manager 2010

Other than splurging out 4 or 5 times their original price, how do you get them?

i have tried being friendly to the manager, persuading the player and sending in really good deals despite the low transfer bid (17m for a 5m rated player is pretty high to begin with) but still no dice.

Any tricks in making bids that you guys can tell me? :D

fmrte. i use it sparingly ie injury crisis or if new job after transfer windows closed! (H)
(A)

cheating takes the fun out of this game seriously. when i play fm, i try to make it as realistic as possible, making signings like dzeko,villa,gourcuff in one season is unrealistic. using fmrte is taking out the fun even more.

all my threads are only and will ever be asking for tips and strategy guides, i never ask how to cheat or anything like that.

yes ive cheated but i cheat to mess around with a game(like buying players and releasing all on a free and watch the league get so imba its ridiculously funny.), i never take games in which ive cheated seriously.

i think if you want to find a player from your rival club,you have to search a player is want to find a new club or player you want to buy is having friend at your club.and im not cheatting when buy van bommel and muller

Reggaezal you already said enough about cheating already in other threads.

personaly i see it as testing scenarios , and sometimes you need to change ratings of player to keep it up to date on current form statistics.

you remind me of them people moaning about bad tv or music - if u dont like it -quit moaning -turn it off and let the rest of us enjoy it.

different strokes for different strokes and gameworld is not bound my morals or ethics

your sound like a bigoted prude take ur puritan ideals elsewhere square

its just a game to have fun and explore ideas and football tactics only simulation

lighten up

also those that work for living and have a life simply dont have the time to play full season rules etc or lenghty games

fmrte allows alot more alternatives, options in shorter space time

every commercail game has so called "cheats " these days and realy they are developer tools they used in testing for bugs or game enhancements

Last edited:

One of the most idiotic posts in this website !

One of the most idiotic posts in this website !
Ya ya..... and you think the corner bug, genie scout, fmrte are not cheats. But u say their great because they help you but more realistic and this is idiotic because this is unrealistic?

It's just an advice. And you swear you never cheat in football manager 2010

Well, yes, I do. We're not all idiots like you thankfully :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Ya ya..... and you think the corner bug, genie scout, fmrte are not cheats. But u say their great because they help you but more realistic and this is idiotic because this is unrealistic?

The corner bug, genie scout and FMRTE are cheats.. They are less realistic.

I agree that getting rival players is very difficult. Its not easy to be friends with rival managers because most of the times they already hate you. It takes ages to change their mind.

I tried for Arteta to Liverpool for 3 seasons... but no success. :(

Back