How do you decide when you've finished with a team

Bencullen1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just starting a new save in Australia and I was thinking to myself, "How will I decide when i'm done with this team?"

Will it be when I have won the Champions League? When I've won the World Club Cup? When I'm the richest team in the world? The most reputable?

What do you guys choose when your just playing for the sake of playing?

Thanks and good night !

There's a few things for me. The first thing I do before choosing my season expectations is decide what my overall goal is for the team in the long run, I have my own 5 year plan and slowly build up to this.

If I have been with the team for about 5 or 6 years and have achieved everything I set out to do I will generally look for another club. If you have won everything that there is possibly to win and you constantly win the league and cups I think thats when the time is to move on to another team.

For me I've set myself a target to get as many games without a loss. So far I've just hit 70 with Liverpool, looking to hit a magical 100.

For me it's really frustrating to play FM atm, most of my saves last for about 5-6 season, after winning the League i immediately get bored with the save, dunno what's wrong with me.
My Nott Forrest save lasted 4 season when i won the EPL, same with Crystal Palace, Deportivo, Osasuna, Mallorca, Swansea, Leeds etc, my longest saves were the ones where i managed lower league clubs like Alaves or Burton and Blyth, those are always fun :D
So pretty much when i win everything i planned at the beginning of my saves :D

When my mom tells me to go out of the room.

Hi all,

I was just starting a new save in Australia and I was thinking to myself, "How will I decide when i'm done with this team?"

Will it be when I have won the Champions League? When I've won the World Club Cup? When I'm the richest team in the world? The most reputable?

What do you guys choose when your just playing for the sake of playing?

Thanks and good night !

It would help if you didn't start in Australia mate, because none of the goals you mentioned are realistic :p Anyway, I usually end a save when I'm winning everything there is to win comfortably for a few seasons..and when I'm richest club and most reputable manager. Average of about 10 seasons.

For me it's really frustrating to play FM atm, most of my saves last for about 5-6 season, after winning the League i immediately get bored with the save, dunno what's wrong with me.

iPhone.gif

It would help if you didn't start in Australia mate, because none of the goals you mentioned are realistic :p Anyway, I usually end a save when I'm winning everything there is to win comfortably for a few seasons..and when I'm richest club and most reputable manager. Average of about 10 seasons.

He meant Asian Champions League.

For me I want to be able to replicated my dominance with a regen team and create two dynasties. It's easy to build an unbeatable team from the beginning of the game as all the good players have been sussed out. I find it more difficult to slowly bring together a team of regens.

He meant Asian Champions League.

For me I want to be able to replicated my dominance with a regen team and create two dynasties. It's easy to build an unbeatable team from the beginning of the game as all the good players have been sussed out. I find it more difficult to slowly bring together a team of regens.

lol obviously i know that. even then they are unrealistic.

If I'm managing in Europe then I decide I'm finished if a better team come calling, particularly if the better team are clearly underperforming. In my current save I made the jump from Hearts to Man Utd because between 2011 and 2015 Man Utd hadn't won a single trophy, but clearly had the talent.

Can be a bit difficult though if you're outside of Europe, where you probably don't have the reputation to move to an equal, or bigger, team in Europe. In one of my FM11 saves I managed the New York Red Bulls. I stuck with them until I had won every possible competition (except the Club World Cup, where we were outclassed by Barcelona). When it was clear I had reached the peak I applied for every job I could find in Europe. Only offer I got was to manage Khimki in the Russian first division for a year and a half.

Went from the "King of New York" to a little club on the outside of Moscow.

Fortunately I built up my reputation in international football (lucked into managing Norway and somehow won the World Cup) and went from Independiente in Argentina, to Corinthians in Brazil, to Inter Milan.

I try to go into every save thinking I'm going to play it for a long, long time. I don't like to decide in advance when to stop, I'll just do it when I get tired of that game.

Right now I'm not sure though. I've built Ipswich into a powerhouse and want to take on something more challenging, but we're also getting close to FM13. I'm thinking I should wait for the new game before starting a save where I might need to play for 15-20 seasons to accomplish my goals.

Make a wish list on what i want to win with that club

As example newcastle wish list

Win champions league done that

League cup done that 5 times back to back

Fa cup 4 times back to back

When i have done the wish list i move on so the game dont get boring and do it all over again at another club