How do you enjoy Playing football manager?

• Thread starter Thread starter JOE MURRAY
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 7K
i get very weird if i dont have a good long session once a week.

I play the game in Windowed mode as well, so I can still check the internet or use Skype etc. I just get random urges to play it, usually leave it open most of the day and just switch between surfing the web or playing. Like someone else also said, nothing like playing it while Soccer Saturday is running in the background too. Perfect chilled Saturday!

As for how I actually play the game, I get more enjoyment doing lower league management, and having the goal of getting myself from the bottom leagues to the top. Not necessarily staying with the same team though. Sometimes it happens, sometimes I get offers from bigger clubs and climb the ranks that way. I like both options really. Sadly, I get bored quite quickly, so I've never got further than playing into my third season, on any FM game. I'd really like to change that though.

With a beer an cigar..is there another way? Anyone remember Malcolm Allison? How times have changed lol

I always play with Arsenal, and as I am a huge Arsenal supporter, and I cannot imagine playing with anyone else but Arsenal. Therefor I do not do "challenges", "scenarios" etc.

I always have the game loaded on my work laptop. The reason is that as a Divisional Systems Trainer I am always very early at my Training Centre and I can get a good 30 min or so of playing time in. The other reason is that I use the game as entertainment if I am involved with the opening of new stores (I work for the largest Retail Company in Africa) that require me to stay over, or if I have to travel to another country for Training purposes.

I always play the game in Windowed mode. Therefor after hours I can play the game, watch my work mails, do store system support, while I keep an eye on the laptop, and the TV, whilst still making sure that I listen when my wife have something to say! (I used to be a Branch Manager before my current position, and this enable me to be very good at multitasking)

I can play this game for hours and not get bored. I normally play till 23:00 every night, if I have one rest day during the week (normally a Sunday because of church sermon and the possibility of a afternoon nap!) I normally start one saved game, and continue with this until the next release. Even if the database gets updated, I will not start a new game. My saved game in FM12 was 110 days playing time in total (19 full seasons).

My favourite part is scouting for regens while they are in their first club, to buy them cheap, mould them, keeping the best of the best and selling the rest for as much money as possible with a 50% share of the next transfer sale clause included.

I love this game. I have been hooked, line and sinker a long time ago already. No matter how many "problems", or "issues" there is with every version, I'll still buy this game, every year. SI always find a way to rectify it (even stuff that I did not noticed or thought was a problem), and always find a way of improving the game, year after year (well at least I think so!)

Last edited:
I dont play the new one as much as I like, can manage a few hours but get frustrated with fm13. I remember the days when I was at school and footy man was fired up in the morning then by the next time you checked the clock it was 1am. They were the days! haha

I can easily play for hours at a time. The problem is... Once I start, I have a hard time stopping.

I play it in windowed mode, open up an internet tab and go onto a **** website in the background. That way, if my girlfriend comes in all I have to do is minimize Football Manager and I don't have to hear "you're on that stupid ****** football game again aren't you?"

Back