xyz

Reaction score
Spent many, many, many hours playing Fm for a number of years. Always had a great track record, always created my own tactics, paid attention to my staff,my training, everything.

But Fm13 has me completely stumped. I started out with a Bluesquare team (My standard, new Fm release first save) - it was an absolute disaster. Tried again with not much improvement. So decided to go for a big team to get used to the game.

Playing as PSG - Never lost so many games in my life. Currently sitting in 6th position. Tried a few different tactics from here when I got sick of losing with my own - nothing will work.

Basically just growing frustrated with the game - I'm not a "Throw 11 player names onto the teamsheet and hope for the best" kind of player - I read about tactics, training, team talks on this site - but feeling like giving up at this point. Currently losing 4-0 to Shaktar as i write this. (Adriano has all 4 goals)

So how on earth can i improve? Help pls.

I'm with you, my friend. I started unemployed and eventually tooki over Havant & Waterlooville; they were in 20th after 13 games. I ended up winning the league. I got promoted the season after with only one addition to the team and no change of tactics. In League 2, I lost or drew the first 6 games. The Carlisle job opened up in League 1, so applied for it and took over. Lost the first 3 games, thought it was normal as a new manager in a more difficult league. Won one game then lost a few and got the sack.

Started a new game, as you did, as Arsenal, the second time I have done so this version which is unlike me. Think I was 7th come the January transfer window.

Started a game as Espanyol. I understand they're not a fantastic team, but to sit in 15th after 20 games is frustrating.

So I went back to FM12 and probably won't return until FM14 comes out.

Play as Swansea. Psg is a pretty Hard save even though lots of people will tell you otherwise. Adleast for the first season. Swansea is an easy team to get used to the game without relegation. Otherwise just look at team guides, tactics and any other types of guides for tips. You don't have to copy what they are doing. Just take advice. Hope I've helped.

I'm sorry mate, I feel for you, I sincerely do, but I don't understand because for me this has been one of the easiest games :D Because I've played all the FMs over the years, usually more with other people's tactics than my own, same thing with CM before. I've never understood how most of these tactical ideas have worked, because at least for me, many of them have been completely detached from reality, at least supposing matches not played against the football equivalents of Washington Generals. I've watched a lot of football in my life, from TV and from the stands, so I think I have at least a faint grasp of how the game works.

Now, with this new ME, which of course is riddled with idiocy (hopefully it will get better in that regard), I am able to produce things that work in actual football. Meaning that I'm finally able to transform real-life football ideas into FM! At least some of them. And the same seems to apply conversely, at least to a degree: what wouldn't work in an actual football pitch, probably won't work in FM.

What type of tactical approach do you use? One thing I've noticed is that since 442 for me has been dead in actual football for years now (I mean that few sides in the world that are succesful actually play this) and SI has finally understood this as well.

Couldn't agree more with the OP. I've played FM/CM for as long as I can remember; never used to rely on other people's tactics, used the training and scouting functions frequently and usually got decent results. This year I just can't seem to get it going, even using tried tactics that 40,000 people have downloaded. Reinstalled Champ Manager 4 on an old computer earlier, might just go and sign Fabio Paim and Freddy Adu and win the champions league with Plymouth Argyle again!

It took me time gel in to the system. I started a Dortmund save, turned out poorly and I deleted it. Tried a Bayern save and tried to re-create my Bayern success from FM12, started losing and I turned to my team, Arsenal. Used a variation of a downloaded tactic and adjusted the instructions and tactics depending on the team I'm facing and had success with them as I won the CC Cup and CL in my first season, but missed out on the league to Spurs.

Moral is: Keep a never-say-die mentality.

My only frustration is my inability to win

Lost five games of the last 63

Drawn 30 of them though -.- ****** frustrating