Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahaus

Reaction score
Really, I've been trying to play a lot of games in both FM10 and FM11 and sometimes I just can't understand the game
I don't scout too much, I just go to player search and look for players with good stats, for instance for a CD I look for Marking, Tackling, Heading and Jumping as the most important, but even if I get the best players with those stats, they sometimes still suck in matches

In the Player Instructions the game highlights with blue some important stats for that position and I tend to look at all those stats when I get a player, but as I said, they sometimes still suck

Should I factor more some Mental or Physical Attributes? should I factor maybe height or weight?

I never use stuff like Genie Scout but I have an urge to use it now just so I can figure out the stats that are most important for the different positions

Really, I've been trying to play a lot of games in both FM10 and FM11 and sometimes I just can't understand the game
I don't scout too much, I just go to player search and look for players with good stats, for instance for a CD I look for Marking, Tackling, Heading and Jumping as the most important, but even if I get the best players with those stats, they sometimes still suck in matches

In the Player Instructions the game highlights with blue some important stats for that position and I tend to look at all those stats when I get a player, but as I said, they sometimes still suck

Should I factor more some Mental or Physical Attributes? should I factor maybe height or weight?

I never use stuff like Genie Scout but I have an urge to use it now just so I can figure out the stats that are most important for the different positions

In my opinion, any and all signings should come after a lot of thought and deliberation. I sometimes take 3 weeks to decide whether a player is right for my team. There are so many things you need to factor in, but the main criteria for me are:

-Are the attributes suitable for the position (and yes that includes mental, physical, technical, height and weight
-Does he suit the tactics? You can have great players but they still have to fit into your style of play. This most definitely includes PPM's, although you can teach these if need be.
-His personal info. If he doesnt blend into the squad, i sometimes will pass up the player, as the balance and happiness of your team is vital. Also, I am always reluctant to buy players that cant speak the language.

They are just the main things you should look for. Ultimately though, if the tactics are poor, the players will play poorly regardless of their ability. Basically what i am saying is you need to look for more than stats. Try and take players on trial if that is an option, as you can find out how they are suited to your squad

I think I should have mentioned that I don't ever play with a major club, so I start with a lower league club with a lot of weak players so I need to transfer a lot of players

What I do is set up a tactic first, then look for players to suit that tactic

When i scout i scout for nearly all the attributes that are avilable only the playing ones tho i.e passing, finishing, dribbling ect and i only scout one at a time starting for 16 and working down.

i scout this way as not all stats are avilable to your so by scouting more than one attribute at a time you are cutting down your chances of finding a good player as hes marking may be not be on show but. scout this way and you will find loads more quailtiy players. i also only scout players up to the age of 21.

you seem to be doing the right thing in trying to find players with stats of a certain level, not sure why its not working out for you. i usually try to find a good scout aswell, after 1 season you'll always find regen scouts with 20 for judging potential and ability.

instead of searching for stats you can try switching the general view to either attacking, defensive or mental attributes and just scroll down, this gives you a general overview of their stats - you'll always see some players that stick out from the rest and then you can scout/view them individually.

what i also do is check u-19 national teams and scout the players that look the best. to quicken this you can sort the team by value and scout the ones with the best value.

and you can also get great youngsters on loan :-D first season theres guys like danny wilson, macheda, rafael all up for grabs.

If you have patience and want to find plenty of good young players press CTRL+A when you go on "search for players". Be sure to use filter first, for example search for players beetween 16-18 years, or some other way you that you like. After that right click and scout them with your best scout. After scouting is complete and it can last very long sort them by scout recommendation. Good luck

1) ask me
2) search-filter
3) download a shortlist
4) use certain players to search filter through
5) use your scouts
6) scout yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.