How do you find players?

TeamTom

Reaction score
Probably a bit late into FM10 to be asking a question like this but oh well.

I've got a few weeks off work coming up and a long trip to do nothing, so I will be taking some time out to start a new FM save, ideally a lower league one.

So here's the low down. I've pretty much grasped "high league management" side of the game where you can attract well known players to your club and finding unknown talent is not always what your going to be doing.

As a lower league manager the players are going to be come less familiar and less well known to myself. So my question is, how do you go about finding players for your squads in general? I'm meaning do you solely use your scouts? Search player feature (i've never been a huge fan of that...) Assistant advise? Or do you use FM Scout?

I'm looking for a few pointers in which I could use in a long term save, rather than having to post for specific players to fill positions I would really like to know a decent method so that I can find them my self. You know..the old saying, give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a life time.

Any help would be hugely appreciated - and apologies if this is not in the right forum or that I am being so stupid and missing something so blatantly obvious to be asking/showing the same thing.

I almost always use search feature. Your assistants don't always suggest the best players, and I've found great technical players with the feature. Don't be afraid to turn off filter out unrealistic prospects, because occasionally you can find a great player that you can convince into joining your side.

If I'm in a REALLY low league (I'm doing Italian Serie D now) I let my assistant suggest people and I'll look into them. I almost never find any player at any level from backroom advice.

i mainly use the serch player function with the assistent filtering out players that won't come to my club and then i get scout reports on the players that i like the look of.

I always go to transfer rumors of leagues close by quality and find lot of quality players there