celt

Reaction score
Recently I haven't been playing much FM because I just can't get into a game. I will play a game for like half a season/ a full season max but then just get bored and not be so involved in it.

So it came to me, how do YOU (whoever reads this) get into a game?

I know everyone has different ways, like going the team you support or teams from other countries you follow, but does anyone have a different way of enjoying a game much more?

I'm the same, I play a few seasons get bored, start a new save **** around with tactics, reload defeats which in turn mean I lose interest later on as all achievements seem false.
Start a journeyman, realise it's ****** hard, give up.
Finally get a grip of the game tactic wise and the new ones out a month later.

Repeat cycle.

Myself personally it is about what my goal is at the start of a save, if i am going to be a big club and carry on tradition or do I want to take the underdog and make them a force.. as much as some saves can be tedious if you know where you want to go I guess it gives you something to aim for.. same as if I want to know if I can spend if need be or do I have to create the stars of tomorrow .. I guess for me I like personal goals that way I always have something fresh and I always have a long term save so I can switch it up

Try going somewhere different! South Africa is a prime example, with it being the only (default) African league available its nice and different as well as offering a tough challenge! Or even try Asia? But setting goals to meet along the way always helps build motivation!

Also don't load england!

In all FMs i get the feeling that a couples of seasons with an exploit tactic, and the game is done.

But in 12 and now in 13 i went to goals that i create to make the game more interesting, like having a full British squad with united, not buying players to the 1st team and things like that

try emulating a real tactc

like jorge sampaoli when he was at Universidad de chile

i made a tactic and psted it on here for fm12

cheers! got exactly what i was looking for from this thread, if anyone else has anything, please just comment it, obviously everyone is different so

Myself personally it is about what my goal is at the start of a save, if i am going to be a big club and carry on tradition or do I want to take the underdog and make them a force.. as much as some saves can be tedious if you know where you want to go I guess it gives you something to aim for.. same as if I want to know if I can spend if need be or do I have to create the stars of tomorrow .. I guess for me I like personal goals that way I always have something fresh and I always have a long term save so I can switch it up

Agree with this, it's all about goal setting. For example here are my long term saves so far:

QPR (first patch) - long term goals = win champions league in 5 seasons, premier league in 3. Ended up winning the league 1st year and Champions League second year so my new long term goal became winning a treble/quadruple (must inc. prem & champs league)

Cambridge United - long term goals = back to back promotions to Championship. Become the world's greatest team in 10 season.

San Marino (my current save) = World domination with club (5 years) and Country (15-20 years)

I lost a bit of interest in my current Real Madrid after winning the league three times on the trot and 2 spanish cups. But I ended up selling around £150m worth of talent and now I'm trying to win the league and get further in the Champs League (still haven't got further than runners up) with a bunch of regens.

I never get why people say they have accomplished everything (won cl and league a few times) so they start a new save??
For me the fun thing is moving to a new club, then beating your previous club.
e.g. on FM12 I had a super squad with southampton in 2025(ish), I'd won the quad 3 times in a row because i was using a tactic that beat everybody and had 2 world class players for every position.

So what I did was took over a lower premier league side at the end of the season (which turned out to be Sunderland), then I trained them up so I could beat my old Saints squad with them, I got to about 2031 in that save and now Sunderland are fighting for the title every year with Southampton. Then it was time for FM13 to come out, so I started playing that :p Still go back to the old FM12 save though :)

I only get bored when i play strongest teams like man city / utd / real.