How do you get the best out of these strikers?

xaviesta

Reaction score
I'm AC Milan using a diamond formation with strong wingbacks, I want to use Damiao & Pazzini as my strike partnership upfront, which roles should i give these two? & what individual instructions, ie. should they hold position, roam & others?

Thanks

The one time I've used Damiao, I used him as a poacher. He did more than OK,but not out standing :) Got 30 goals in 45 matches! But that was like 2nd or 3rd season, so not sure how he'd perform in the role in the start :)

The one time I've used Damiao, I used him as a poacher. He did more than OK,but not out standing :) Got 30 goals in 45 matches! But that was like 2nd or 3rd season, so not sure how he'd perform in the role in the start :)

I'm just struggling with both his & Pazzini individual instructions, like i don't know whether they should roam from position, move into channels etc.

It depends on what they are skilled to do.

If they have good off the ball, pace & acc, you can use move into channels and play deeper. If they have good heading and anticipation, using them as TM its more logical, IMO.

Roam from position is for a more technical striker, like Ibraimovich, and he should have always set try killer passes often, to provide to wingers or others a change of goal.

Hop this helps, i don't play with strikers, but when i did, i've found that TM fits better in this years game

Hop this helps, i don't play with strikers, but when i did, i've found that TM fits better in this years game

This, essentially. TMs are monsters in this years game. I've consistently gotten near 1:1 with Lukaku and Mitrovic as TMs. Close enough with Rescaldani and Simeone as the same.

Setting your Wingers to cross-aim TM will mean lots of goals by your TM.

It's a sad day when 30/45 is considered OK.

This, essentially. TMs are monsters in this years game. I've consistently gotten near 1:1 with Lukaku and Mitrovic as TMs. Close enough with Rescaldani and Simeone as the same.

Setting your Wingers to cross-aim TM will mean lots of goals by your TM.
What player instructions do you give your TMs and on what duty? if partnered with say a poacher. support or attack as well

What player instructions do you give your TMs and on what duty? if partnered with say a poacher. support or attack as well

I play a lone TM on attack, two attacking wingers and an Attacking Midfielder on Support.

I play a lone TM on attack, two attacking wingers and an Attacking Midfielder on Support.
TM just seems to work on this year's game, regardless. I play TM(support) with no instructions, two IF so they pretty much like to cut in instead of whipping in crosses from wide, TM will also assist, pull down a long ball for onrushing IF to smash it in. Mitrovic is absolutely beast of a a player, much more technical than Lukaku.

I believe it depends on 2 things:
1. How you team is lined up, i mean what formation you are using. E.g if you are playing a 442, are the wingers and the advanced playmaker on attack duty --> i mean are they assigned to create chances for the 2 strikers or one of your striker is playing e.g as a deep lying forward and the task is that this man is to create the chances...?
2. Just see in the players instructions tab your striker fits which role better--> it will highlight the key attributes for the role, see which best fits your striker.

Am sure it will improve the performance of your strikers

TM just seems to work on this year's game, regardless. I play TM(support) with no instructions, two IF so they pretty much like to cut in instead of whipping in crosses from wide, TM will also assist, pull down a long ball for onrushing IF to smash it in. Mitrovic is absolutely beast of a a player, much more technical than Lukaku.

Ikr? Mitrovic is overpowered crazily. I like to have my wingers cross-aim TM from byline. TM gets goals, wingers get assists, everyone goes crazy, and I get happy. Occasionally, wingers like to cut in inspite of crossing, but I can live with that;; I would say Mitrovic, Ferreyra and Lukaku in that order, even for TM, although it isn't exactly Ferreyra's preference.

Well my inside forwards are more playmakers and all of them have "tries killer balls often" PPM.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk