stuinbucks

Reaction score
When you have a player sent off what do you do?

Warning? Fine 1 week wage? Fine 2 weeks wage?

I usually give warnings for first time then 1 week, then 2 week

fine every 1 2 weeks wages no matter what then if thay ask why just tell them thats every 1 is fined the same

Warning for 2 yellows.
1 week for red
2 weeks for violent conduct reds.

Warning for 1st red card.
1 week for yellow red card.
2 weeks for a straight red card.

Depends on the situation. I've had someone sent off for a second yellow in the last 5, but without the foul they'd have been 3 on 1 with my keeper, so I didn't do a thing.

Depends on the stupidity.

I give a warning for first red card or sending off. Next time it happens it's a one week fine and then after that a 2 week fine. I'd say stay consistent with all players. As kitchin75 says if you tell them everyone gets the same then they don't complain. If you give one player a fine and warn another you could well get upset players.

To b honest I'm n my 4th season doing the same and now none of the players really complain if they get fined.

Escalating fines is pointless, because players don't 'remember' the previous fine and because there's a second, it's now a bigger one.

I prefer not to give fines out if I can help it but if you've had a player sent off three times in a season (I have a few times as I play a high pressing game) then you need to fine them for that. I agree they don't 'remember' the previous fine but if you've treated all the players the same then that player accepts the fine. The game definitely remembers if you've treated players differently in that respect. If you fine one player as they were sent off in an important game but just warned another, that player will kick up regarding it. It just depends whether you want to deal with potential squad fallout but by being consistent I haven't had that so far.

1 week fine for two yellows.

2 week fine for straight red.

Every time. No exceptions.

Escalating fines is pointless, because players don't 'remember' the previous fine and because there's a second, it's now a bigger one.

I've been wondering.. does fining players affect your finances?

You're fining a player x weeks worth of wages, so essentially not paying him. Not paying him is more money for you.