How do you guys keep the game interesting/refreshing when you get bored of FM?

Can do a lower league save. Start of as low as possible and try to work your way up to the CL/ Prem champs.

Can do an all English save. Pick a team you like and try playing using just English players.

Can do a hall of fame save where you try to become the best achieving manager at said club.

Do a wonderkid save where you can sign players under the age of 21. Or just try not signing any players and just bring and develop players from your academy.

Try playing in a league in a country you know nothing/very little about. It will give a sense of achievement when you crack the league believe me.

• Choose a team who have never been in the top league/professional leagues/cup finals of their respective country.
  • Choose a team who were a powerhouse of either domestic competition, continental competition or both (e.g. Ajax, Milan, Bognor Regis Town FC).
  • Start a story on here, and embellish it with news stories, pundits and former stars weighing in, etc.. This worked wonders for me in 2016.
  • Gut a team either using the in-game or pre-game editor (remove all players/staff) and rebuild entirely from scratch.
  • Relegate and financially devastate a team and push them to the lowest league under a transfer embargo. This sounds harrowing but can make for some truly exciting saves.
  • Create-A-Club.
  • I quite like the Red Bull (English Team) template that's proven popular over the last few years. This can be done either with the pre-game editor or, as above, the CAC option.
  • Watch a few YouTube stories/read a few on here to get you psyched up. It only takes one idea to spark a complete refresh of the game for me.

No idea, played it less and less the last few versions. Prob not gonna bother with 18 :(

No idea, played it less and less the last few versions. Prob not gonna bother with 18 :(

I played 2010 for over 1000 hours, 2011 for 600, 2012 for 200, 13 for 85, and this one for 28. I normally get about 4 good saves from every game, but this one? I just can't seem to do well, or get into any save. Doesn't seem to matter who I choose, I tried Plymouth and Bradford, got up to about December in both, and in both I was doing terribly (15th or so), no matter what I try.

I never use pre-made tactics from sites like these, cos where's the fun in that, but I can normally get good saves going. As someone who only ever played League 1 or 2 teams, I just can't seem to find a good, fun team where I don't do terribly. Very annoying.

Doesn't seem to matter who I choose, I tried Plymouth and Bradford, got up to about December in both, and in both I was doing terribly (15th or so), no matter what I try.

That's odd. I played Portsmouth for 2 seasons and won back to back titles and went from 4th division to 2nd division. And the 1st year I barely signed anyone as the team was already fairly strong for Sky Bet League Two.

January sale 2018, I bet all my worldly belongings you're gonna buy FM18. It's not a bug, its a virus, it never stops.
I've played every installment since 95/96 or 96/97, cant remember that well, whenever I see a game IRL with either great tactics at play, or lousy tactics and underperforming teams, I start thinking about FM.

January sale 2018, I bet all my worldly belongings you're gonna buy FM18. It's not a bug, its a virus, it never stops.
I've played every installment since 95/96 or 96/97, cant remember that well, whenever I see a game IRL with either great tactics at play, or lousy tactics and underperforming teams, I start thinking about FM.

I didnt buy 16 or 17 either. Wanna given a promo copy. I can resist.. :)

whenever I see a game IRL with either great tactics at play, or lousy tactics and underperforming teams, I start thinking about FM.

LMAO at this - so I'm not the only one watching the U20s World Cup IRL in order to find quality youngsters for my FM squad?

whenever I see a game IRL with either great tactics at play, or lousy tactics and underperforming teams, I start thinking about FM.

LMAO at this so I am not the only one watching the U20s World Cup IRL just to find youngsters for my FM squad?

online multiplayer with friends. loads of fun and frustration too lol

I have a number of leagues running so if I get 'bored' (usually fired) I tend to move country and try something different. It keeps it fresh and you can learn about new leagues, teams, players.

I seem to have the opposite problem...

Every year I struggle with the choice of buying the new game or sticking with my long term save I have for that year (I get attached to the lovely newgens).....This year is going to be very hard to choose!