whenever i do a low league team i first look for any loan signings i can get, then see the cheap tranfsers available.

i remember on this old FC United game i did i get 3 amazing loans from higher league teams, and i managed to sign one of them on free transfer the next season, Good Times ^__^

whenever i do a low league team i first look for any loan signings i can get, then see the cheap tranfsers available.

Same here mate.... Just finished my first season as Stevenage manager.... was doing well until Chirstmas, but then somehow the team all got injured (well mosto of them) and we ended up coming mid table!!
The only thing I would say is that you need to have paitence to be a LLM.... and enjoy managing in the lower leagues...... I don't really find managing the top clubs interesting... too predictable for me!

Get the tactics right and just stick with it once you get right blend of players that go with a good decent tactic you will be flying with a lower level team. At level7 and below its less about the quality of the players and more about tactics really IMO

Manage in England, presuming your English, first before starting a game abroad, its harder because you can't bring in as many players from your own country, you know, who will adapt and fit in quickly.

I suggest low league one/top league two, thats proper lower league management in England, without going really hard and low like 6/7/8 tier.

I can ONLY manage small teams, it's the only fun way, instead of playing a top division team, and going into europe, building up is much better

I can only manage small teams also so i managed Leeds United this year. In FM11 i'll go for an even smaller team.

Your problem is you always change formation and that will always be bad for you, too many signings can also be bad

im gonna try getting Stirling Albion into the Spl, now ive read they best way to manager lower league clubs i thought i might give it a try :)

I've always liked to manage lower leagues. The degree of enjoyment is on a whole different level.

But yes, players aren't easy to come by. Money being the key thing... I can ****** maybe 1 or 2 players from the higher league if I offer them a competitive enough salary but that's it. See, usually at the start of my career I set exact expectations for everyone. I tell them I'll get rid of all the unworthy ones. And big signings to me aren't coups. Who cares if the new signing gets ****** of. He'll get over it. When he walks into the club he's just a name, no different than everyone else. Let the pitch prove who you are.
Another thing I do is I select South American databases. Lots and lots of free players! All better then what I have, all cheaper than what I have, all want less money than what I have. And a team like that doesn't need to get redone every time you get promoted. You can stick with a core for a good 2-3 seasons, reinforcing it with 3-4 new signings a year. And I don't get loan, EVER! Yes they may be better than what I have and most of them won't cost me a dime but I just don't do it. I want my players to have a sense of belonging, even though the ax may come down on them at any moment. And I praise praise praise! Keep those spirits up!
There's a lot to be said about a good assistant manager. But I don't look for someone whose job is assistant. I look for coaches or scouts with as good as possible CA and PA ratings, good technical knowledge and determination. But I think that's lately, since I've played for a really long time in all levels and I'm pretty confident I can devise a tactic to suit the situation, so I dont really need the assistant for much more than telling me where I lack and what kind of players I have. That help alone is invaluable to me.

And most of all, I use Genie Scout. Simply because as a lower league team you just don't have the money to send scouts to South American countries to find good players. As with everything else, its in your hands whether to sign a player based purely on Genie's rating or your own careful consideration of his stats.

Consistency is the key ive changed formation once from my 1st season 2009-2010 to 2015-2016...now im 7 games away from winning the prem with Bristol City Fc :) and also im in the Champos league Semi Finals!

I have never played a FM game without using a tactic from this site and I dont do my own training, And I only do key highlights when watching a match, Am I missing out?

I have never played a FM game without using a tactic from this site and I dont do my own training, And I only do key highlights when watching a match, Am I missing out?

I think you're fine but the tactics and players have to work with each other. You can either build a tactic around players or vice versa. Look here for my story: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/my-4-1-2-2-1-oddball-formation-t47175.html

As for training, I've always scheduled my own, and tweaked them every two months or so. Just like with anything, consistently doing the same thing makes it boring. The key is to vary degrees of hardness in all aspects of the training. Soften set pieces and increase tactics for a while, then soften shooting and increase defending, things like that. True, player skills will go up and down but in the long run they'll gain more from this method than a set and unchanged training schedule.

I think you're fine but the tactics and players have to work with each other. You can either build a tactic around players or vice versa. Look here for my story: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/my-4-1-2-2-1-oddball-formation-t47175.html

As for training, I've always scheduled my own, and tweaked them every two months or so. Just like with anything, consistently doing the same thing makes it boring. The key is to vary degrees of hardness in all aspects of the training. Soften set pieces and increase tactics for a while, then soften shooting and increase defending, things like that. True, player skills will go up and down but in the long run they'll gain more from this method than a set and unchanged training schedule.

I might start a new game with a low side and create my own tactic now, But I dont even know were to start with training as I have never done it before

I might start a new game with a low side and create my own tactic now, But I dont even know were to start with training as I have never done it before
Training isn't too hard :). If you have players that you want to REALLY make good, then download Dan's traning schedule calculator, it will show you which parts of training to exploit for him.

Also, you'll want to get the best coaches you can for your clubs stature. That will help your training. Finally, when you have said coaches, click "Auto Assign", this will assign your coaches to their best positions, training wise :$

Keep one formation then bring in 2 or 3 players on loan and get a free signing and you should win games it works for me.

I thought about reducing the warmup to make up the difference, but wasnt sure how people would feel about that. Ill knock 5 min off of warmup, and bring it to 15 min, and have qualifying at 30 min.

Sounds reasonable ?