How Do You Have Any Confidence In Your Tactics?

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm fairly new to FM'12, I've been playing for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it.
However, the one part of the game that is still bothering me is tactics. I have tried plug n' play tactis, I have tried making my own, and I just can't get comfortable with anything. For example, right now I am managing Inter (they hired me halfway through the season) and their team is a bit of a disaster. I have plenty of good AM's and DM's so I figure a 4-2-3-1 would be appropriate. I wanted to implement a rigid philosophy that focuses on maintaining possession, controlling the game, but also providing a rock-solid defense.

I have spent a long time reading and researching how to make tactics, what partnerships work, what roles/duties do, etc. But I just have no confidence that I know what I'm doing with my tactics. How do you all implement YOUR OWN tactics with any confidence?

Also, has anyone heard of TacticalTheorems10? I downloaded the PDF and I found it to be an excellent read / guide to tactics. If anyone knows of a similar thing, please let me know!

Thanks!

I use my own generally. My current formation is 4-2-3-1 Deep I don't conceded many. My def is standard my dm's are anchor man def and dlp support. Just need to get my 4 forward players working well.

Confidence in tactic's only come when they start working. You need to give a tactic time to set in. When you start from scratch with a tactic you need to think about how you want to play and then change it slightly around the players. If you build a tactic just because the players suit it, you will never find confidence in it because it just isn't the way you want it to be. Decide how you want to play and stick with it.

Confidence in tactic's only come when they start working. You need to give a tactic time to set in. When you start from scratch with a tactic you need to think about how you want to play and then change it slightly around the players. If you build a tactic just because the players suit it, you will never find confidence in it because it just isn't the way you want it to be. Decide how you want to play and stick with it.

good advice, thank you!

Just need to get my 4 forward players working well.
g.gif

I have two tactics that I know work for sure. If it's a small team I'm managing, I play a 4-3-2-1, with three centre mids with different roles, two wingers and one poacher. A better team and I tend to use 4-2-3-1, with two centre mids, three attacking mids and one poacher. I think confidence in your tactics comes when you employ that tactic with different teams in different scenarios, and it produces more wins than losses or draws. The only way you can gain confidence is over time, testing and modifying it depending on the players you have.