Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
How do you keep out of the red?

I am playing as Forest Green in BSP. I want to try and get them up the leagues but I have one problem that I can’t work out. How do I keep the money in the club but still have a good team? I get £80.5k in sponsorship a season, plus another £12.09k from a parent club and of course tickets, friendlies and cup run. So if you take all that into count I will make about £100k.

Now to my out goings just on wage bills. Each week I’m spending £8,211 what I make it to be £426,972. This is not counting other outgoings.

If you take that into account I’m losing £326,972 a season. So how am I meant to stay in the positive and have a team that can compete in the league and cups?

Thanks for your help or comments in advance.

Reaction score
Play friendlies in pre season, play away games to big clubs either national or foreign.

Reaction score
Play friendlies in pre season, play away games to big clubs either national or foreign.
I have looked into that idea but I can only make £30K for playing home against a Premiership team, which means I would have to play 10 games in preseason, if I do that my morale will be low. So that will affect my season. Will it not?

Reaction score
In Serie C I have an U20 and Reserve team, but the Reserve team doesn't play any matches ever. So I tried to get those guys and the guys in rotation to get match fitness by playing friendlies (also thought I could make some money this way). However, I haven't been able to arrange friendlies for my Reserve team. It doesn't let me. I can book friendlies with my U20's, but I don't want to exhaust them as they're already playing in the U20 League/Cup games every week. Any take on this?

Reaction score
I had my youth team tour the Oceania for a month, got £20k for a match, and played a match every day in July. My youth players were **** anyway, so just a little bit of extra money. I've played quite a few first team frendlies in for example New Zealand and got £200k for a single match.

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
I have looked into that idea but I can only make £30K for playing home against a Premiership team, which means I would have to play 10 games in preseason, if I do that my morale will be low. So that will affect my season. Will it not?
I normally play 10-15 games in pre-season whatever club I am just to allow my new signings to blend etc. If you're worried about morale just finish off your pre-season with some one or two confidence boosting games against your under 19s or another terrible team.