How do you know whether a player is a wonderkid??

it will say on the top right of their profile, when they are 15-18 it will say Promising then their position, so "promising Striker" for example. those players are the ones who can get the wonderkid tag, if trained properly

What gives a wonderkid their "wonderkid" status is having a high CA as well as a high PA.
There are loads of young players with high PA that can become world beaters but low CA means they have a lot of work to do to reach their potential. What makes a wonderkid is that their high CA makes them really good now but still have room to get even better.

The term itself varies a little depending on who you ask and in what context but it's usually players with great potential who already have a solid base to work from that are up to about 20 years old.

There's no real label in game for them, you'll just know when you see them, solid attributes for their age and a high potential ability

Last edited:
It used to have wonderkid listed in the player information screen, i think.. not sure if its still there, away from game at the min..

It still does, and messages ingame can pop up, example "Liverpools wonderkid, Jordan Rossiter scored the only goal in a solid 1-0 victory over Manchester United at Anfield" After a game. It also says as mentioned above in the information screen. (atleast i think so, like 80% sure :p)

What gives a wonderkid their "wonderkid" status is having a high CA as well as a high PA.
There are loads of young players with high PA that can become world beaters but low CA means they have a lot of work to do to reach their potential. What makes a wonderkid is that their high CA makes them really good now but still have room to get even better.

Players dont have to have a high PA or CA to be classed as wonderkids. My Akpom is described as a wonderkid, and I don't remember anyone mentioning him to have a high potential (Not 100% sure on this though)

Yeah the way the game labels them differs to the way people see them on here which is why I tend to ignore those in game expect for the obvious expects,