Fm14KmD

Reaction score
Alright lads,

I was just wondering how people like to play FM. Like, what is your style?

Personally I love to develop youth and prefer to spunking away millions of pounds on players!

So yeah, what is your prefered FM style of play?

Same here.
I like concentrating on youth and get great enjoyment out of seeing them progress.

I love seeing those newspaper reports where a player attributes a recent success to your management skills (like an international debut for example).

Far better than listening to some whiny ***** moaning that He had to sit on the bench for two matches, or He is not being paid enough, or even worse... He's blubbing into his evian after realising that beats headphones are a pile of ***** and you didn't warn him.

I play like Porto. but good gems for under 10 mil develop them sell them after a few years for 30+ mil

Same here.
I like concentrating on youth and get great enjoyment out of seeing them progress.

I love seeing those newspaper reports where a player attributes a recent success to your management skills (like an international debut for example).

Far better than listening to some whiny ***** moaning that He had to sit on the bench for two matches, or He is not being paid enough, or even worse... He's blubbing into his evian after realising that beats headphones are a pile of ***** and you didn't warn him.

Thanks for the reply!

I agree!
Love seeing the youth grow!

Currently playing as Barcelona, and closing in on the end of the 4th season. Even though I win 98% of my games, I still enjoy the save because of all the regens I have in my squad.
So basically I like to find young players/regens, and seeing them go from nothing, till top of the world!

Im the same in regards to developing youth etc, Although I do sign a couple of experienced players to help tutor and help in big matches, see too many people just having squads of 20 year olds, nothing up with it just a personal preference of mine to have maybe 3 or 4 players of 29+

I like to challenge myself (probably find it harder than most as I've struggled with FM for the past few years, or it could be that the side I pick just aren't what they used to be), I like to be a side with mid-table prospects if I start in the Prem or Championship and see if I can push them forward somewhat, for example as West Ham, I'd like to improve into a position to challenge for Europe or another one was joining Ipswich who were predicted 11th, to push them to a play-off challenge.

Everyone has their own little way of playing Football Manager and that is always cool to know ur ways!!

I like spending £170m on Neymar and still have £250m left over... XD

Developing youth is where it's at, innit bruv?

I add a little extra challenge though, by only focusing on players from same nation as club.

To have a 22 man squad of all English players and still be competitive in PL and CL is good fun and gives the savegame some challenge over time.

Might pick up some cheap foreigners only to sell them on for big cash.

Developing youth is where it's at, innit bruv?

I add a little extra challenge though, by only focusing on players from same nation as club.

To have a 22 man squad of all English players and still be competitive in PL and CL is good fun and gives the savegame some challenge over time.

Might pick up some cheap foreigners only to sell them on for big cash.

Mate. If I had to stop developing youth, I would stop playing FM all together mate.

Devoloping youth is the best thing in the whole of FM.

I deffo prefer developing my own players rather than spunking my money away