miitchh

Reaction score
Champions League or maybe even in the league.

When you meet teams who are equally strong or maybe even stronger, what is your strategy?

Do you change your tactics much?

I just stick with my regular tactic at home and then use a modified (more defensive) away.

Struggling to win the Champions League with Inter (6th season, 1 final lost, 2 semis lost, 2 quarter finals lost).

Sometimes i'm unlucky, but not always... (sometimes i get smashed away and then can't make up for it home)

I use my normal home and away tactics. If I'm going down I'm going down swinging. I find that when you alter your tactics to fit your opponent your players don't play as well.

I have a 4-2-3-1 for home games but drop the CAM for a CDM for tough away games in a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic.
I play with a deeper line, exploit the flanks (as a good side playing at home will typically push FBs forward) and play with a DLF to hold the ball up and link up play (I switch this to poacher if winning as he will try and play in behind a higher defence)

There's not much difference in tactics but slightly more defensive to contain the opposition.