Fmrj

Reaction score
Just a question, how do you guys play fm. I have my own style at every save I do,
i don't over spend on a player unless he is going to be brilliant.
i always convert my team into a team that plays possession football.
I sign young players too.
But i always stick with my players and don't let hardly any body leave until they have dropped off the pace a bit

what's your style of play?

My style ia in the first season or two is to build the club up secure the top 4 trophies a bonus but in that time i improve facilities youth recruitment etc i then use regens and try and snap up the best ones, once i have them signed i determine if i will be giving them game time or loaning. After this the plan is is simple play attacking football and dominate football, oh and i have a rule never sign a player over 27 the only exception is on a one season contract to tutor a wonderkid. As soons as player hits 29 i look to sell them while they stll have a bit of value.

I don't like to be fussy anymore. I used to make a thing about everything. Sign world class players. Sign all same nationals. Sign youngsters. Don't spend a lot of money. The list goes on.

But now, I like to settle. Find myself a nice team with a good badge and name in the lower divisions and just enjoy the underdog. No major challenging, no glory hunting. Just enjoying the game and taking it as it comes. Boring, but really refreshing compared to the pressures of playing the game most others do.

Tend to always go a mediocre team and try and break the top 4 clubs if you like, Also youth is a big thing for me due to the fact there is nothing more satisfying than a youngster you have developed for a few years in your academy and when you give him the chance at 17/18 years old he romps the league! Feel like shouting "that's my boy" lol, Also im a bit of a money saver, always attempt to try and save so much to try and get my balance at 1bill, never came close most ive had is just under 400mill after 8 seasons with Southampton and close to the same with Porto. Also have a weak spot for when chelsea offer me a job cant say no so it ruins my save haha

This I actually interesting I've always wondered how other people play it cause I have no friends that play FM anymore so I have no one to compare with lol, I have a save with arsenal that in trying to stick to, (Team I support) and it's not too bad, I do enjoy the underdog aspect it makes it more relaxed that if you lose it's okay you just look to improve, I am looking for a new save to try out and give the arsenal one a rest so of you have any ideas let me know guys

I don't cheat. Probably one of few on the forums who creates their own tactics for each team and carefully scouts each player. I refuse to sign a player who doesn't fit in with the philosophies in one way or another. I refuse to pay players exuberant wages or use editor as I think the game is plenty easy on it's own already. I hate signing youngsters - HATE it. I think the game should also separate those you sign for the first team and those who sign for u21 or u18 because it's ridiculous. I continually put clauses on my offers because I hate seeing a "big fee" or alternatively overpay for some players slightly because I hate seeing an unfair amount go to the club. I hate fake reports such as Aaron Ramsey being a "creative, attacking player" - he's NOT. I tend to use more creative players than defensive but am not the type to expect five creative players in midfield. Speed is not everything. Adaptability and language IS. etc etc.

I don't accept many, many users ways of playing but it is what it is XD

I remember some of the older guard back on QuakeNet back in the day and they were similar I guess. The generation I grew up was more educated too I think because not many younger gen kids don't know the same kind of things. For example, I played manager games and pretty much became a main obsession. I like dealing with media, hate buying/selling players, but love putting together a squad based on a tactic. Verses, say, someone who complains that the game is too unrealistic but doesn't do any media work or praising or the million other variables that are available to give you little boosts (or take away from the opposition) here and there.

The #1 pet peeve I have is players who start at small clubs buying up all the wunderkids, selling them on, making money and thinking their achievements are worthwhile. They're not. Making money on FM is ****** easy. Playing the game without using editors or scouting applications in order to get the best of the best youth on a consistent basis is BULLSHIT. Regens are VERY hard to find on such a regular basis and players signing team fulls (20-25 players ) of 170-190 rated regens by 2020 has become the norm and I don't think it's much of an achievement at all. I think it's harder to take over Arsenal than it is a 3rd division club, for example, in FM14.

Last edited:
Go 2-0 up - opposition scores ludicrous goal - switch off. My general experience of latest patch

First thing I always do, is find 11 wonder kids who I want to be my future 11 and then slowly buy them and gel them into my team as the seasons go on

I only use the editor to make new teams in low league to try an get them up, but scouting tools are pointless it's about finding your own players in game and seeing if they work well, I also know a lot of the wonderkids of the top of my head and I try to sign lesser know ones I think that's better but I don't disagree with signing loads of wonderkids because it's fine to do it, you still need to be able to develop them and make then all play well together. Any body can go out and sign anybody it takes an experienced player who knows what there doing to get the full potential out of them

i enjoy having a few saves going :p

one really detailed with athletic bilbao where i will try to do absolutely everything :p
for some weird reason i enjoy a save where i control every team in prem/bbva/seria a :p can do all transfers, build completely seperate teams :p its quite fun haha :p
i usually try from lower leagues but get bored :p
and a national game :p

the rest are just random games i will do for a season or smoething :p

Always have a save with Chelsea. And can only play one save at a time. First thing when joining is set up 2 tactics. Then I will scout and shortlist players and would normally prefer to sign players linked with Chelsea IRL. Watch games in 3d as it seems more realistic and go to every conference unless i get beaten badly. Fine players if performance is poor and sell players before they get to 30. Try and buy young English regens and build an english team by about 6-7 seasons in but then I start getting bored so I start again...

I like to play as big teams normally. I get bored after a max of 3 seasons. Don't think I've ever reached a point where someone like Rooney retires! It annoys me but hey ho, I am getting better.

I also have a thing where I constantly hit the space bar when the opposition are about to shoot. For some reason makes me think I can stop them! Again, I am getting better at not doing this haha.

This FM I have actually managed to keep a save. I had one with Everton near the start. I done it as a YouTube series but I stopped after a season and a bit then got bored of FM for a few months now I'm back at it

This year I have only played with small clubs turn them into power house by only buying 18 year olds turn them in to super stars.

All so not over paying for a player highest I spent is 15m others have been below 10m has made playing fm for fun this year then just being a top side.