Shadow442

Reaction score
I am curious to see how everyone plays.
Do you just pick a team and click continue to games & let staff sort everything out?
Do you do some things like team training or all training?
Or are you hand's on and do everything? check team report to see your weakness to improve? check all your team to check who to keep, sell & loan.
Scouting, do you send scouts out and check what they come back with? do you check online like FMBase for best players or do you look yourself for players?

I was a pick team click and play player from last 4 / 5 FM's but do get bored easy, so FM 17 i have started to do everything and check everything, this has made the game for enjoyable.

I pick teams that excite me. Currently doing a Udinese save.
I don't click continue all the time, but I let my staff do the training.
I do the scouting myself and I set up scouting assignments.
I try to remember to check the team reports but sometimes it slips my mind.
I try to make the game realistic by using the in-game editor, editing ex players who have found a staff role and making them managers. Of course I don't do it to all ex-players, only those that I could imagine becoming managers in the future. That way if I progress enough in that particular save I have some ex players managing big teams instead of some 30 year old regen managers.

I have 3 teams that I always manage.
Everton (team I support)
Carrick Rangers (Home town team)
FC Utrecht (Developed a soft spot for by playing FM)
Will try to do a journeymn save but often get bore of these.
I tend to do most of the stuff myself training scouting etc. I am spending more time this year on team reports than I used to.
I try to avoid wonderkid lists as I like to find players myself, but must admit will usually have sneaky peak.

Normally pick a decent top division side for first 5 years (get the acheivement :D) or try and be top in hall of fame in that nation. Then I will find a team to go bottom league somewhere, I like Brazil, and rise to top. Then try and get a National job.
i have to take full control training, scouting, contracts etc

I like creating real life manager tactics so when I manage a team, I will try to replicate the tactic they are using irl. I will even try to use the same players they are using so I don't sell or buy alot in the 1st window. Doing Hoffenheim Julian Nagelsmann 5-3-2/3-5-2 tactic now.

I journeyman sometimes without rep sometimes with international footballer and continental pro licence so there is no team who I wouldn't go. Well normally I start somewhere between cause I'm finnish and I like start here in finnish premier division.
I pick team myself all the time once I clicked "clear the subs" cause it was cup game and not important and forget put players into bench.
Staff does team training.
I keep checking team reports before transfer windows.
I do scouting myself chief scouts just mess everything using team report help me alot cause I know what I need.