Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering how you guys play LLM. Do you sell all your assets for a price (if they are worth anything) or do you just release them? Do you completely overhaul your squad or do you keep it fairly the same? Do you ever pay transfer fees or use other people's shortlists? Do you use tips from this forum?
Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Mike

I normally just try to pick up free transfers, sell players I think are over valued. Look at bringing in some good free youngsters, and some good loan signings from one or two leagues above.

I am actually thinking about starting a new BSN/S game right now. :)

I usually bring young players through or bring in new young players on frees if they are not good enough. It also depends on the squad whether or not I overhaul the whole team. If I have one or two good players in the team I just build around them.
I also try and build new youth academy once I have the money to try and get a good stream of youngsters :)

Free transfers, I think when i start my san marino save- I'll try not change to much of the original team.

I normally just try to pick up free transfers, sell players I think are over valued. Look at bringing in some good free youngsters, and some good loan signings from one or two leagues above.

I am actually thinking about starting a new BSN/S game right now. :)
Cool, good luck with that. But yeah, loans and frees are clearly the way forward in the Lower Leagues (although if you are fairly rich like Crawley then maybe you would spend money). I hate overrated players, and I always - and I mean - always try to get rid of them. Especially if they have a poor attitude because in LLM it's as much about the grit and attitude as the skill and flair.

I usually bring young players through or bring in new young players on frees if they are not good enough. It also depends on the squad whether or not I overhaul the whole team. If I have one or two good players in the team I just build around them.
I also try and build new youth academy once I have the money to try and get a good stream of youngsters :)
Yeah, youngsters are a brilliant way forward, as you will never really have the funds of a big team like Manchester United. I normally use the core method as well - a brilliant keeper, defender, midfielder and striker and the rest just compliment my star players.

Free transfers, I think when i start my san marino save- I'll try not change to much of the original team.
I normally like to get rid of most of the team due to their higher wage - I find you can get young, cheap and quality players on much lower wages who are better than the current crop. But if it works for you, then good for you!

Thanks for all the comments/advice guys, hope you are all doing well in your saves at the moment!

I get the best free transfers and put them on long term contracts, so no League clubs can come in for them. Try and get a few players in on loan etc.

I tend to reshape the club from the inside out, do everything I need to free some decent wage budget and try to sign best free players available

Yup, I fire my *** man as soon as possible and get the best *** man I can that has the highest JA/JP stats. Unfortunately, in BSS/BSN that isn't very high with 8-10 being the highest stats.

I also get rid of any half star players and scour the transfer market for frees only after a week or so of trial. If I like their stats, even if my *** man thinks they are ****, I will sign. So far, I've run away with the league in BSS AND won the FA Trophy my first year with Gloucester (Fake names).

Since you'll probably be focused on getting a decent team out year in and year out, selling your best players every year or so may not be the best thing to do, but if you are in financial problems, it's the only way to go :(

I just lost my best striker (35 goals all season, 2nd only to some Hinckly ****** with 37) to a higher league, but they paid rather handsomely (well, the offer was too good to pass for my stupid chairman so my striker was sold behind my back). But with the money I will definitely invest in youth academy!

Yep just rebuild your squad with free agents and try to get some money together to invest in your youth academy, also you will see alot of good youngsters if you scout the England trial days.

It varies. In the last few games with Gillingham, I have released most players, sold worthless junk and brought in new, better players. The problem is the fiscal effects of that strategy, although it is good long term, are that it does cost a lot of money and after a few seasons your budget is a lot smaller than if you had kept those players and gotten promoted. As my Welling save atm, I have not had a big overhaul but slowly brought in my, better players in. It seems to have worked, cause I won the FA Trophy in my first season whilst in Blue Square Bet South ;)

Playing with Stevenage Borough with a transfer budget of £0. Since we're new to League 1, got to try and survive. Figure it's for the best to keep hold of our best players (Julian in goal, Henry and Roberts in defence, Mousinho and Bostwick in midfield) and use free transfers to strengthen other posistions. Brought in Brandy and Counago as my strike force, Laurant and Ehutu as my wingers and a couple of back-ups across the board. Currently sitting in first place, though that'll change as my small squad gets tired, and enjoyed a decent League Cup campiagn (beat Coventry 4-3 in a thrilling match, before losing 2-1 to Newcastle at St James, stupid last minute winner ): )

I'm seriously wondering how I signed Counago in the Blue Square Bet South with Welling, as loads of people playing in league one have him

Can i ask 2 questions, What is the best or most common formation played when in lower leagues? and do you watch the team your managing in real life? as in are you a fan and you know their squad fixtures etc.. and also 1 more :) do you have to watch the low league in real life aswell?.. I've managed low league teams before but not for long or i was kindof lost in there coz i don't really watch the matches or "the football league show" on bbc lol anyway I would appreciate ur answers thanks

Loans and free transfers are vital. Getting a good parent club as well. Free transfer - look for youngster released by the top flight clubs. Whilst they are not goofd enough for the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal, they will be sensational for LLM.

Just got promoted in my LLM game with East Stirlingshire. 20 points. Walked it!

View attachment 200327

@ 433; I'm playing a 4-2-4, with limited central defenders, two box-to-box central midfielders, 2 wingers/inside forwards, a supporting complete forward and a poacher. A lot of the smaller clubs simply can't handle being overloaded with pacey wingers and forwards, or at least that's my theory. Sitting unbeaten in League 1 with Stevenage Borough, half way through the season, so seems to be going well.

As for watching the lower leagues - no, you don't have to, but it will make things easier. It's like buying the new Madden game if you don't watch NFL - you can learn the game as you play, but it would much easier if you watched NFL beforehand.

I just edit the budget so i have more wage to sign enough decent free transfers.

My first time dong LLM, got Lincoln City, sign in only free transfers and loans from higher divisions, changed my parent club to west ham which gives me way better loans.
442 is my tactic with almost always shouting stuff for attack.

I don't know what is going on but i won the BSP first year and FA Trophy, 2nd year finished 2nd on L2 and promoted to L1, i am now in middle November and go 2nd on L1...

Free agents.
Parent clubs.
Loans.
Friendlies.
Youth squad.

I start my game by clearing most of the deadwook in my senior squad and signing free agents and promoting some youngster(though they arent good)

My Mini Guide to Lower League Management

Top Five Rules to Start you off with Success

1) Fully assess your staff and sign new staff before your start to assess your team
2) Set up all your own friendlies - and have about 7 or 8 fixtures with at least 3 big money fixtures eg. Prem or Championship or Foreign Clubs if your allowed
3) Then assess your team with your tactics in mind and look at your new assistants opinion
4) Create your tactics, training schedules and match preparation
5) Then constantly ask for Parent Clubs (just for the investment not the links or players but they are a bonus) and Facility upgrades(to help the club gain professional status and improve your appeal for better players and staff)

Top Five Hints with transfers in and out

1) Transfer all excess players and always aim for 3 Stars on Ability as a Min
2) Always watch the free agent matches as well as scouting, because some players will pop up on nearly every highlight and therefore he's likely to be a good player for the occasion, but always check the scout reports as well, more to his potential than his ability
3) Mainly stick to Free Transfers as you will find that your team will increase in wealth and then you will be able to build your team more, signing better youth players and added appeal to your team
4) When selling your U23s, always accept the lower fees with more focus on the percentages of next transfer (again this will help you build your team with more steady investment, as you lose the expense in wages quicker and then get a percentage of the normally better valuation)
5) When signing players don't get silly with your wages, as budgets are crucial to lower league success (eg. Key Players earn the highest wage and the Young Players get the paid the least, this will help you have a more balanced team and not get screwed over as you'll a better all-round squad and not just big wage earners that are likely to a waste of your teams money)

I'd say that's all really; Should be enough to get you going!!!! Below are the links for "My Successful Tactics" but MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR TEAM AGAINST THE INDIVIDUAL DUTY(complete forward) AND ROLE(attack)-----I recommend the Arsenal Tactic for all leagues and then the United Tactic for the higher leagues (Championship or Premier League)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...les-uniteds-treble-team-tactic-explained.html

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK ON MY TACTIC PAGE PLEASE