Pipp0

Reaction score
I find this impossible. I play with Milan and I somehow manage to sell:
Luiz Adriano for 10 mln, Poli for 9 mln, Abate for 6 mln, Zapata for 5 and Paletta for 4.4. I bought Sule for 23 mln and I don't have money for nothing. Bonaventura want huge extension on his contract, I can't afford it and now the team morale is broken. I can't sell him - no one want him, no one want also Kucka, Bertolacci , Montolivo and e.t.c. There are offers only for Bacca and Donarumma which I don't want to sell. How you manage to sell your players?

Usually I evaluate my entire squad and if I'm selling anyone I usually offer to clubs for a tiny fraction over their value so for example €11m offer for €15m and if a club is interested they'll come in with an offer half what was asked so I'll negotiate it back to the players value. But if nobody wants them I'll either keep them as squad players or let them see their contracts out in the reserves. If nobody has an interest in the player it's nearly impossible to offload

Adriano is on high wages. You will probably need to tell the buying club that you are willing to pay a certain amount of his wages. I tried to sell Adriano and Zapata in Jan but managed to get middle east clubs to get their on loan instead. They took over the full wages of the 2 players which is the best alternative since I can't sell them.

It's typical in FM. When you want to buy a 20 yr old Argentinian valued at 4m they'll ask for 25m instead but when your player is worth say 20m they'll offer 5 :)

Been familiar with this since last few years. It remember transfers being better back in older FM versions, like at least 5 years back. I used to get 50+m offers for my best players and I was able to negotiate good offers with AI when selling players.

Something gone wrong :)

It's typical in FM. When you want to buy a 20 yr old Argentinian valued at 4m they'll ask for 25m instead but when your player is worth say 20m they'll offer 5 :)

Been familiar with this since last few years. It remember transfers being better back in older FM versions, like at least 5 years back. I used to get 50+m offers for my best players and I was able to negotiate good offers with AI when selling players.

Something gone wrong :)
Or not.

If a player is on massive wages, especially compared to his ability, clubs will be put off by it.

If a player isn't interested in moving to a club, especially "dropping down" clubs, clubs won't offer because they know he's not interested.

If there are cheaper (transfer and/or wages) players available, those will get preference.

If it's the first transfer window when the game starts, clubs have settled squads and little money, so not a lot will happen in the transfer market.

It's still very possible to sell players for 50m+. It was easier back then, because there was a lot less thinking (AI) involved.

Yes, you may be right mate but I also think we as FM players often over-complicate things and forget this is a computer game after all.

I'm not saying you're wrong, some of your points are very true, especially that one about first transfer window but you can't deny that AI behaves irrationally further in the game. Like I said, they tend to offer ridiculous amounts of money for your best players whilst demanding much above theirs players' value. Of course you can still make a good deal with AI but most of the times its difficult. In my opinion, transfers need rebuilding as well as training.

Like I said, they tend to offer ridiculous amounts of money for your best players whilst demanding much above theirs players' value. Of course you can still make a good deal with AI but most of the times its difficult. In my opinion, transfers need rebuilding as well as training.
One word : negotiate.

Look at real football. What a player is valued at in an open market and what they are sold for vary wildly. The same thing is true in other markets, like real estate, but its more exaggerated in a closed market like football.

Like WJ and like real clubs do, you have to negotiate. You want a player, so you make an offer. They counter. If they don't want to really sell that player, it will be high. Its a scare tactic. You can either walk away, or you can keep working at it. You can use the media to try to unsettle the player. Basically, put in the work to get the player at a price you feel is more workable.

And of course buying clubs are going to offer you low to start. If you are going to haggle over the price of something, you probably don't want to pay "sticker" price. So you won't start the process by offering over the sticker price. Again, negotiate. If the interested club is interested enough and has the resources, an insulting 4m offer can become a 30m sale after some negotiations.

When it comes to "getting rid of deadwood players".... think about why you want to get rid of them and ask why exactly would other clubs want to pay top dollar for this player? The player is not that useful, old, limited skills for their position, has some overt weaknesses, or simply on a huge wage. All good reasons to get rid of the player, but what exactly then makes them appealing to the next club? You also need to consider that the player may have an inflated value and even reputation in relation to their skill level, due to the club they are at, which might scare off some potential clubs.

And yes, selling in the first window is a bit harder than in later windows. Its because the actual window has already happened, real transfers are at the clubs, and the squads are relatively "complete". Sure, AI managers and clubs will still identify targets but there is less "need" and targets are more luxury additions than filling an empty space on the pitch.