Mulagar

Reaction score
Started as Man Utd. Tried selling Anderson, Young, Nani and Hernandez.
Anderson was let go at around 70-80% his value. Needed the money to buy Gundogan.
It is now the deadline for January transfer and I still have no takers for the other three even after offering them to clubs repeatedly and adding them to Unwanted List to sell them at value

I played Young and Nani regularly to attract suitors and they were actually playing well (rated around 7) nevertheless the only offer came from Milan who asked for 9 million out of the 15 million of Nani's value.

Since there are many people who seems to buy and sell a lot of players regularly; how did you do it ?

I played Nani somewhat regularly upon his return from injury. After the first season, Chelsea made a bid for 80 Million $, which I gleefully accepted. Hernandez, I sold him for 40 Million $ to Arsenal in the first transfer window. Young is tougher to sell, since he's getting old (heh!), not so good, and always asks for a high salary, so it'll be tough to get rid of him. I had to pay him some of the wages, in order to move him somewhere else.

I just offer the player out to clubs. Depending on your luck (which counts towards injuries of A.I clubs), you can generally get good bids. Lesser are the chances of it happening in the January Transfer Window, I always tend to have more luck in Summer. Player form helps too, as does his potential.

Oh I've been offering them to clubs since day one of the pre-season.
It's just bizzare ..

Have you tried to split up the price, so maybe you get 30-40% upfront, and the remaining 60-70% in installments? It worked for me :)

I have this aswell, I just stuck with my squad for the first season. I only brought in Lucas Romero, Luke Shaw and Gabriel Barbosa. Currently in the Summer transfer window of the second season. Sold Hernandez for 10M, Anderson left for free, Cleverly for 6.5M. No offers in for my Nani yet however. He even won the Ballon d'or for me :') ahah but his performance dropped off second half of the season.

Offer at a reduced upfront fee then add a payment after 30 games.

I sold people this way valued at 5m for 1m upfront and 7.5m after 30 games.

The thing was I needed the money upfront to buy a left back as both Fabio and Evra were injured (money was hovering at negative due to all that debt repayment. SI really screwed this up by still counting debt repayment as expense..)

Water under the bridge now as I somehow managed to win the League after only buying Gundogan in summer (and he wasnt that great too, overshadowed by Carrick most of the time. I was like wtf SI ?? How come Carrick is way better stat wise and in game).

Nani and Hernandez turned up to be key players during my 13/14 campaign (again wtf SI??) so I lucked out with not being able to sell them.

Anyways, the problem was no one even bid for these guys. Except for that lone bid at half price from AC Milan which made me raged out and just clicked reject.
I will try the installment options next time though so thanks for the advice !

Edit:
Lol. Somehow managed to beat Man City in Semi and Bayern in Final of Champions with United's mediocre squad. Again wtf SI match engine. But I shouldnt complain ...

Last edited:
Yeah, you only need to add some depth to that left-back slot in the first season with Man Utd. :) In my first season I went on a 18 game win streak which was incredible luck, allowing me to win the title easily and to begin playing younger players more regularly in the league, to try develop my Nick Powell, Luke Shaw, Zaha, Januzaj and it went great ^_^