How do you stop ai( computer) from getting CCC (Clear Cut Chances)?

26Hazard

Reaction score
Hi fellow tacticians

As the title suggests How do you stop ai( computer) from getting CCC (Clear Cut Chances).Here is my tactic screenshot, i don't know where i am going wrong. Trying to play fluid short passing football with pressing

View attachment 344850View attachment 344849

You don't. You can only decrease the number they get by countering their tactic. There is no simple answer for this.
Just pay attention to their tactic, main goal scoring area( scout report on team ), best players, etc. and change your tactic accordingly to play against theirs.
Also, you can play possession (control) style (with correct players and instructions) to counter this because the less the other team has the ball, the less they can shoot/score/create CCC's.

Like any real life manager, you have to watch the game and change things to win it

Thank you for your feedback. I have been watching the games but it seems the Computer gets 3/5 chances. I know you cant completely stop them but what would be your tips for minimising them. What other team shouts do you think i should add.

You don't. You can only decrease the number they get by countering their tactic. There is no simple answer for this.
Just pay attention to their tactic, main goal scoring area( scout report on team ), best players, etc. and change your tactic accordingly to play against theirs.
Also, you can play possession (control) style (with correct players and instructions) to counter this because the less the other team has the ball, the less they can shoot/score/create CCC's.

Thank you for your feedback. What would you do if you could to minimise the CCC. what things would you do differently? Trying to somehow replicate bayerns high pressure tactic
Like any real life manager, you have to watch the game and change things to win it

Maybe try a defensive midfielder(role depends on player and what you find works best) that acts as a "shield" infront of your defenders. His job should be to move left and right infront of the defenders and stop any through balls before the defenders have to worry about it.

You could also try to high pressure, but your defenders must be pace-y so over the top through balls do not beat them every time.

Just try to adapt to other teams, and use what your team has. You can't make a possession tactic with players who can't pass well, for example.

Thank you for your feedback. What would you do if you could to minimise the CCC. what things would you do differently? Trying to somehow replicate bayerns high pressure tactic

Well, in a simple way you have 3 ways of scoring goal, beside set pieces:

1 - through balls (move into channels)
2 - through balls (pass into open space)
3 - crosses

You can use individual instructions, team instructions (shouts) or/and OI.

To defend from:

1 -Use OIs to press more the MCs and hard tackle them. The AML/AMR should be hard tackled and show weaker foot.

2 - Lower d-line and close down and press more the CBs, LB/RB and DMCs. Lower d-line if striker and wingers are very fast

3 - here its the main issue... its very hard to stop them, but you can try to man mark wingers and FBs, hard tackle them and show weaker foot. Need to lower to the max the d-line to compact the defense so they can't dribble/run into open space. besides this, try to get CBs with more than 20 :D in anticipation and positioning to not let the striker get space to score.

So, if you press high like Bayern does you can stop the t-balls, like every body does when playing them or Barcelona, but you will be leaking to speedy wingers and direct passing, like Real played against them. You will need the best CBs in the world to play very high, players like Balanta, Thiago Silva, Doria, etc. But you will also need very pacey FBs like Alaba to keep running up and down all the time. Carvajal is also a very good choice.

If very technical player pass your mids, then you will have more t balls, so very good mids like Vidal will help in this task. Verratti also plays very well and Rafinha (Thiago Alcantara brother) too. Having this guys also prevents direct football from the DMCs (2)

This means that you can also and must have determined and aggressive wingers and strikers to keep pressing the opponent defenders so you can prevent the pass into space (long balls). And this you can also have with a Bayern tactic.

What you can't is having 1 plus 2 with 3.

Having 3 means that you will give up possession and high pressure to not get crosses, and IMO, this is one of the reasons why FM is so hard this year.

You will always get CCCs and if you are a underdog team expect to to have a lot against the big teams, as they have the best players.

Sorry to reply in a long way, but trust me, this is not even the tip of the iceberg. Hope it helps!