CraigF92

Reaction score
Can't defend crosses at all and its just getting beyond a joke now.

Its so dodgy that EVERY cross they computer puts in then attack gets on the end of it. Completely ruins the game for me.

I have tried everything. Closing down the winger, marking tighter. Everything. Just cannot defend crosses and it ruins the experience for me.

Can't defend crosses at all and its just getting beyond a joke now.

Its so dodgy that EVERY cross they computer puts in then attack gets on the end of it. Completely ruins the game for me.

I have tried everything. Closing down the winger, marking tighter. Everything. Just cannot defend crosses and it ruins the experience for me.
Seems to be the right area unless you're not playing FM16.

OI to show to weaker foot? That's the most obvious solution to stop a cross.

Are wingers or fullbacks giving you issues?

I've found that man marking the wings (and strikers), has made a huge difference in my goals conceded, including crosses.

If you give your full backs man marking, and your opponent uses IFs instead of usual wingers, then you are pretty much dead. Imagine your backs are being drawn out of their position by the players who like to cut inside and stay more central... You'll have black holes in your defence. So be careful and use your wingers to do the marking, like said above.

I think best way to defend crosses is to play wide&deep at the same time. And make sure your wingers give support to the full backs play near them. They are much less likely to be able to cross when facing two players waiting to block them. Also, be aware that by trying hard to defend those crosses, you could then become easily exposed in the center.