How do you train you're players effectively?

Reaction score
As the thread topic implies, I was just wondering if somebody could offer me some tips for training my players. I'm pretty new to FM, so bare with me. A few questions -

1 - Is it best to assign individual training regimes to individual players, or should I assign a generic regime that caters to their relative position, i.e., all "forwards" practice the "forwards" training regime which would focus on shooting etc.?

2 - How can you gauge how intensively you aught to train your players? I understand that a player coming back from injury should be treated differently to one, who is say, match fit, but among "match fit" players would there be much disparity in the intensity of their training?

3 - Are there any ways to get a player who's underperforming in the training stakes to perform better?

4 - Any training tips/tricks?

Cheers.

As the thread topic implies, I was just wondering if somebody could offer me some tips for training my players. I'm pretty new to FM, so bare with me. A few questions -

1 - Is it best to assign individual training regimes to individual players, or should I assign a generic regime that caters to their relative position, i.e., all "forwards" practice the "forwards" training regime which 9would focus on shooting etc.?

2 - How can you gauge how intensively you aught to train your players? I understand that a player coming back from injury should be treated differently to one, who is say, match fit, but among "match fit" players would there be much disparity in the intensity of their training?

3 - Are there any ways to get a player who's underperforming in the training stakes to perform better?

4 - Any training tips/tricks?

Cheers.

Personally I find the best method is to "group" the players by type and then assign a suitable schedule to each group, otherwise you are undertaking a massive piece of work to give each player his own schedule (especially considering any new signings and regens!)

As for intensity, I treat all players who can be trained as being able to use the assigned schedule, I have found little benefit in using a "back to fitness" type schedule. I also ensure that the workload doesn't exceed the highest setting of "medium"

Take a look at my schedules and thread if it helps: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1332