How do you tutor Young Players?

.:Ryan:.

Reaction score
I've really wanted to do this so that they could turn into young stars but I've never known how to tutor them!

E.G - Danny Wellbeck to be tutored by Wayne Rooney!

Any way how to would be appreciated :)

Thank You :D

Ryan

Last edited:
i use tt's training and play them in cup games and as subs in league fixtures. if i'm managing a prem team i tend to send them out on loan to championship clubs.

Go to the youngsters profile, click on player interaction scroll down to learn from player, choose your statement. at the bottom is the linked player - this is where you select the mentor.

erm...

Go to the youngsters profile, click on player interaction scroll down to learn from player, choose your statement. at the bottom is the linked player - this is where you select the mentor.

But i dont have that box currently. I only have Recommend Staff Addition and Recommend Signing. Help please? I really want Arshavin to tutor Jose Baxter! lol.

in my experience, you can only get players who play in the same natural position to tutor other players in the same position e.g. you cant get a midfielder to tutor a striker.

be careful though to make sure both players have a similar personality as if you pick different personailities it can make your young player worse.

also after a player turns a certain age 20/21yrs you cannot tutor them anymore but they should then be of an age that they can tutor other young players.

i've got a 30 year old (richard dunne) tutoring a 22 year old (ryan shawcross) though

Also, make sure your youngster is NOT learning any preferred moves. I tried to get a striker to tutor Nelson Oliveira once but he [Nelson] was learning how to shoot with power at the time. :C

Make the personalities match so they don't fall out with each other eg. A model professional will probably clash with an unsporting, evasive team mate