What do you read on the FM Story forum?

• I just follow a few specific stories that I know are good and never really look beyond that.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I keep up to date with my favourite stories, but may check out others that look interesting sometime

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • I randomly read stories that have been updated recently.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I try to read most/all new stories, then follow the ones I like best.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I don't read this forum often enough to have any specific habits.

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Piemaster

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from the people who read this forum. How do you decide what stories to read? Choose the answer that is closest to your own behaviour.

I read stories that are by people who I get on well with on the site. I also read stories that are a good read and well thought out. Finally, if someone has done a good story before, I would read that too. :)

I voted the second one ive got a few favourites but i tend to follow stories but i dont really post in them eg something like "Well done Max hopefully you will break into the top four" you know what i mean? I just read then exit the thread easy:D.

I chose the second option as well. I enjoy the stories with a good layout and are easy to read, and the stories which offer something a little bit different to all the others.

i read alot of stories but like gatid dont needlessly comment

I picked the 1st one, most of the one's that are by the new people on the site have some bad layouts and are hard to read etc, and some don't last long ever so you know what people are worth following as they actually get past the first 2 seasons, e.g Chris, DMF, Frankie, Coach C, Jack F, SunderlandDanny and probably some more I can't think of..

Depends really. 98% of stories are boring. The layout is either **** or the same as 900 other story threads. Alot end up filled with 100 pictures per post and i doubt the integrity of alot of members and there achievements.

Getting San Marino to the world cup? Aye ok then...

However some stories are enjoyable and check out on a regular basis.

i check out stories some times, but i get bored with alot of them, as they are all the same.

I always follow my friends/members that make good stories e.g. Max, xFriex, rrrrrr, Keith, JackFulham, etc.
But then if there is a interesting title like Koflok's Benfica 2012 one then I read that too. I also checkthe page and replies count and if it is over 50 then I might check that out ;) .

I just click on the ones that are on the recent threads panel and read through the last page and comment.

For me, a thread that breaks from the norm' is something that inspires me to read a story. If there is one good thread about a club I'm unlikely to read another new one about the same team. The something different may be an unusual club choice, a concept like trying to establish an all British team or just **** good story telling!

I do ignore the star ratings though as these seem to be completely random... 3rd post in and there you go... a 5 star rating is given basically "cos they're my mate!" :O

I don't really use the Story board anymore. There are too many in my opinion and I am reluctant to go onto that section due to the mess.

Pompey Dan, and example of what you have said is your story. It is a great read and I enjoy it when your next update comes around.