How do your set your Defensive roles and line?

Tubpac

Nov 5, 2009
Hello fellas, I'm playing Chelsea 4-2-3-1

Scoring alot of goals, but also conceding alot of goals.

Currently playing with a Ball winning midfielder on the midfield and a DLP

My back line is

Alaba - Wing back Att
Luiz - Limited defender - Defend
Cheillini Ball playing defender - Defend
Ivanovic - Fullback - Support

How do you set your 4 back line up? and do you also concede alot of goals in FM13?

Haven't really have a very low conceding rate yet on FM 13 :)

Scotty98TR

Jul 13, 2012
I play 4-2-3-1 with Arsenal, won the league with most goals scored AND least conceded :D

However near the end of the season I started conceding alot, might be because of tactical changes, but I'll have to wait and see,

Anyway, I set my defense up (Both before and after the changes) like this:

Gibbs - WB - (Automatic)
Vermaelen/Koscielny - CD - Defend
Koscielny/Mertesacker - CD - Defend
Sagna - Full Back - Defend

Gustavo - Anchor Man - Defend

It depends on how you play, if you play with the offside trap then you'd be best setting all the defenders to the same role. I play with a high line, but not playing the offside trap and with counter attacking, so I sometimes switch Vermaelen/Koscielny's role depending on the opponents :)

Tubpac

Nov 5, 2009
Very nice, Do you play a fast tempo? - Also are you playing the two midfielders in front as DM'S? and not CM'S?

SFolio

Nov 23, 2012
you're choosing attacking over defending with your full backs. set alaba to support and ivanovic to defend (mediocre attacking stats i.e 9 crossing 7 dribbling 7 long shots and 6 flair) and ivanovic is a wall. get back to me if it work or not

Scotty98TR

Jul 13, 2012
Very nice, Do you play a fast tempo? - Also are you playing the two midfielders in front as DM'S? and not CM'S?
I switch between the two, against better teams I play Gustavo/Fellaini as a DM with Wilshere/Arteta as a CM, but most of the time I use 2 CMs with 1 of them being a BWM :)

And I play a tempo bang in the middle of the slider!