How does everyone progress through seasons so quickly?

benthos

Reaction score
Hi there,

How do you all manage to progress through seasons? I tend to get caught up very early on and get way too into the micromanagement it seems. I always end up spending hours on just a few preseason matches and whatnot!

Any feedback, that isn't "devote your life to FM (XD)" is super helpful!

Once you get a routine going it does speed up.

Make 3 tactics and decide who is first team, back up, reserve etc. After a while you select squads on auto pilot. Or ask the Assistant to pick the team then change who you fancy

I always do saves on FM Touch mode, that's why I get through seasons fast. :)

I'm just like you Benthos, I had almost 40 hrs played on my first save on fm16 before even pressing continue for the first time.
Great plans require great planning, but that did feel like overkill. I wanted the best coaches and the best talents from day 1, no time to waste on poor coaches and letting talents rot in other clubs.

However the further into the game you come the more complete your squad and setup is, so you dont need to go searching for staff for hrs and hrs.
Just try and remember how dynamic football is, from hero to zero in months, there's really no way to achieve perfection, that's what makes this game so great!

Once you get a routine going it does speed up.

Make 3 tactics and decide who is first team, back up, reserve etc. After a while you select squads on auto pilot. Or ask the Assistant to pick the team then change who you fancy
I do this also but it still takes long

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I think it may be because of my old slow computer but just 1 match on comprehensive highlights and tweaking tactics easily takes 30-45mins. over 60 matches each season and friendlies, first season you have to find new staff and key signings too.. good thing I dont have a life outside of FM! ;)