Andyplatt

Reaction score
Can someone provide me with some insight into how Financial Fair Play works?

I'm currently doing a save with Southampton, at the start of the first season my FFP Player Wage Limit was 88m. I finished the season, winning the FA Cup and qualifying for Europe. But at the start of the second season the FFP Player Wage Limit has gone down to 75m. Does anyone know why this might be? Does it go back up at any point?

Any info greatly appreciated

also might be worth adding, due to player sales I have a transfer kitty of over 100m. So it cant be due to the fact that the club is struggling financially

If anyone is interested I think I've figured it out.

I don't know if its the same for other teams, but with Southampton you cant spend more than 7m in wages more than you spent the previous season, hence why my limit has gone down to 75m, when I was spending 68m last season.

Very annoying, as i could have given all of my current players new contracts at the end of last season, as this would have increased last seasons amount which would have increased this seasons limit

This happens only in England. The rest of Europe only have the UEFA FFP.

In 16, after hiring Messi and Ronaldo, Hazard and Pogba, i had to sell a lot of reserve players and some that i didn't want to meet the salary cap.
In the next season, due to increasing wage clauses, i had to sell Messi, because i couldn't afford to have them all.

Btw, Messi went to Marseille.