Nnicod55

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm interested how early you start make subs? If we think there is no injuries or cards for your team

I think I start very early at the 50th min mark and then I do second normally 55-60min and the last I spare until last fifteen min.

Usually around the 60th minute however it depends how the games going.

If its a close game I try and wait a little longer and hold the opposition off, depending on whos on the bench.

Its all a tactical game!

I'm going to be honest and admit that sometimes I actually forget to make substitutions, especially if we're playing well as I don't want to 'disrupt' the team - sounds a little stupid, I know.

However when I actually remember, I usually make my first sub (injury permitting) around ten or so minutes into the second half if someone isn't playing up to scratch, other than that it's usually the last twenty to twenty five minutes before I decide.

Whenever I need to, I'm not shy about hauling someone off after 30 mins should I need to.

I don't have any preset moment to make subs. Usually in the first half, if I see changes are needed to improve the game, I favour tactical changes and it's in the second half or half time when I give more consideration to whether a man change can improve things, or if someone is in a yellow and I think he can get a second if left on the pitch or is tired or doing a bad game. A few times I spot some tactical change to exploit a rival weakness or to plug one of my own team that requires changing a player then I can make a sub right away as soon as the first fifteen minutes. Or if they're all fresh, playing well and the rivals have some danger then I don't make subs. I think statistically my sub at minutes have peaks at 50-55', 60-65' and 75-80'.

It depends! If I have a center back who makes mistakes and his rating is bellow 6.3 I will get him out as quick as possible to avoid conceding a goal. Usually if a striker doesn't score until 74th minute, I will get him out. I tend to not make other subs until 60th minute. I tried to not make all subs if it is possible, or at least I use the last sub after 80th minute.

My only goal is to use all 3 subs in a match. However, there is no pattern there as I have to read the game and see how it is developing. For instance if I lead 3 goals before the break, I can subsitute 3 players during half time, just in order to give playtime to the subs, or developing my youngster. I usually wait untill half time With the subs though, and if I play very bad, 2 or 3 players may have to be changed as well

I've made a sub as early as the 38th minute as I needed to change a few instructions and needed a player on to make it all 'work'. There's no set pattern although I normally try and make the last sub at around 75 mins (so that it counts towards game time that'll ensure some improvement if it is a young player) but if it is an important or close match, I won't use my 3rd sub at all.

Usually around the 60-70th minute especially if I'm trying to give a young player game time. However, I have been known to pull a player who is not up to scratch after 20 mins. If I'm doing well I don't use the subs as I have a policy of if it isn't broken why fix it. Subs can disrupt a winning team I find.

Normally on 60-65 minute mark. Then the rest from 70-75. Want the last sub to get at least 10 mins.

I've made a sub as early as the 38th minute as I needed to change a few instructions and needed a player on to make it all 'work'. There's no set pattern although I normally try and make the last sub at around 75 mins (so that it counts towards game time that'll ensure some improvement if it is a young player) but if it is an important or close match, I won't use my 3rd sub at all.

If you bring someone on after say 80 minutes, does it not count towards game time?

If you bring someone on after say 80 minutes, does it not count towards game time?
You can check this in the game. If a player plays less than 15 mins, he won't get a match rating, so giving youngsters less than 15 mins won't improve them. The latest I'll dare is the 78th minute, assuming there's around 3 minutes of injury time.

You can check this in the game. If a player plays less than 15 mins, he won't get a match rating, so giving youngsters less than 15 mins won't improve them. The latest I'll dare is the 78th minute, assuming there's around 3 minutes of injury time.

I've seen they don't get a match rating but they still get credited with an appearance so I assumed it would have some effect, even if it were minor? I just figured it was relative to the minutes played

I've seen they don't get a match rating but they still get credited with an appearance so I assumed it would have some effect, even if it were minor? I just figured it was relative to the minutes played
They get credited with an appearance, yes. Whether it counts toward keeping backup/rotation players happy, I honestly don't know. I do know that as far as development goes, it doesn't do anything.

Quite sure Cleon has said so on the SI forums as well in the past, but cannot remember where.

If a defender's playing noticeably bad (sub 5.5) I'll pull him off as early as 30 minutes.

Otherwise:
45 minutes if it's a won game (3/4-0 up) and I want youth on/cup game.
60 minutes if it's a tactical switch to influence the game.

Interesting and seems I'm not doing subs so early what I thought... And well I'm maybe little soft cause if there are player who struggle at the first min I do sub him off before half-time

Every games is different, generally at the 60min mark I'll usually take someone off who's either taken a knock, not playing the best or has a yellow and has a tendency to get another. 2nd sub between 70-80 and last sub usually 80-85min, I like to hold onto 1 late in case of an injury.