How easy is it to land a job in Real Madrid/Man United?

Antrim

Reaction score
Hi all. I've played several versions of FM and I'm getting ready to play this one. What I've always done before is create myself and start as unemployed/Sunday league footballer and end up managing some miserable team in a low league. It's fun since it's realistic and a real challenge, but this time I'd rather do something much different: create a real former player and be able to manage one of the top clubs almost right away. As a Real fan, I was thinking Zidane (my favorite player ever) makes a perfect candidate, since even now he's the assistant coach and it looks very likely he'll be the head coach in a few years. However, I don't want to simply create Zidane and start right away in Madrid, I don't think it's realistic at all since Florentino Perez has said that "Zizou needs more experience before he can become Real Madrid's head coach". I think it would make much more sense to start managing maybe a French Ligue 1 team, do a good job there for 1 or 2 seasons and then get Madrid's job as soon as it opens.

Now I have a few questions:

-How likely is it that Real Madrid's job will open in the next 1 or 2 years at most since the beginning of the game? I really don't have much interest in coaching anywhere else and it's my main target, I don't want to spend several seasons waiting in vain. I'm sure many of you who have played the game a lot have seen many different things, what should I expect?

-Even if Mourinho gets fired or leaves in-game, considering that I'll have International player experience and will be coaching a Ligue 1 club, how likely is it that I'll be able to land the job?

-Is there anything that I can do using the editor to make me more likely to land the job? Such as adding to my manager all the past experience of Zidane as a player in Real Madrid? I've never tried to do anything like this before, seems like it would make sense.

I would also consider doing exactly the same thing with Eric Cantona and Manchester United. Although in his case, I could actually believe he could have become Manchester's head coach right away. Also, is there a way to have Ferguson retire and his position vacant before I start my game? I'd hate to see "United fire Ferguson, hire Cantona" as the headlines right at the beginning of my game because that would have never happened.

I know it looks like I'm making it very hard to have fun, but I just can't stand way too unrealistic moves and would like my game to make some sense. I'll appreciate any ideas if they can help me with what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks!

The best you can do is add international experience to your profile and hope

in a few games the Madrid job has became available and i have struggled to get it... I am one of the front runners most the time but a better known coach with more success seems to get the job

Rafa Benitez is usually a big target for them in my games

It's pretty hard to get offered that job, I've never been offered it, best I've got offered with automatic experience was the Chelsea job - on international I've gotten all the big English teams like City and United etc but I've never had Barca or Madrid. Mourinho rarely leaves unless City do ***** and then they hire him, seen it happen once or twice but it's really rare mate. Sounds like a cool idea though

I was Preston North End for half a season on international experience and was given the Barcelona job because Tito was sacked. It's a funny game, man. It would depend on how successful you are at your current club, along with background, in short.

In my saves Ferguson almost always retires after the first season and Mourinho almost always takes over at Man Utd. Real Madrid generally seems to be a revolving door after that.

It's pretty hard to get offered that job, I've never been offered it, best I've got offered with automatic experience was the Chelsea job - on international I've gotten all the big English teams like City and United etc but I've never had Barca or Madrid. Mourinho rarely leaves unless City do ***** and then they hire him, seen it happen once or twice but it's really rare mate. Sounds like a cool idea though
I've seen Mourinho leaving Madrid for the Porto job, I was shocked and surprised...

In the game, I often see Man United swapping managers as the competion in the EPL is much bigger than in Spain and for that reason I believe that getting the job at Man United isn't that hard. My advice would be to take over a mid table club in the country first to add some experience from that country. They would consider you even more when they know that you know the league well.

i turned real sociedad into the second most reputable team in spain behind madrid and they have offered me the job about 12 times. Mourinho left after baconface retired to take over the scum in salford and after benitez and villas-boas had left for bayern and porto respectively they kept offering me the job until they finally got bored of been rejected and signed ancelotti

The best job I got offered was AC Milan after 2 seasons, but never have I've been offered a job at Barcelona/Real/ManU