How expensive was your first XI?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 4K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Awake, and curious, I thought I'd make this thread. I'm wondering how expensive your first-choice XI is, and how it compares to the clubs around you.

Latest transfer fees only please, so in the case of someone like Defoe, for example, his latest fee is the one that counts.

Gomes (£8 million
Corluka (£8.5 million) | Dawson (£8 million?) | King (£0) | Assou-Ekotto (£3.5 million?)
Lennon (£1 million) | Huddlestone (£3 million) | Modric (£16.5 million) | Bale (£10 million)
Defoe (£9 million) | Crouch (£10 million)

Total: £77.5 million

Question marks are used for those where the fee isn't 100% certain

So, as you can see from the above, the only player in our first-choice XI that came through was Ledley King, with the rest coming in via transfers.

It looks pretty expensive, but with transfer fees soaring recently, I don't think it's really that bad. Bale, Modric and Lennon, for example, would command a much greater transfer fee now.

Post yours please, in a similar format. I'm very curious how other clubs compare, especially those at the top and bottom of the table.

EDIT: This is about your current squad, in real life, not FM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reina - 6 Million
Johnson - 18 Million
Carragher - 0
Agger - 5 Million
Aurelio - Free and Free XD
Mascherano - 18 Million
Lucas - 6 Million
Kuyt - 9 Million
Gerrard - 0
Cole - Free
Torres - 26 Million

Total - 88 Million

BTW Bill you left your keeper out.

Last edited:
Thanks, added Gomes in, which takes our total up to £77.5 million. That isn't bad compared to Liverpool's £88 million, though I noticed you chose to leave Gerrard out - Why?

Thanks, added Gomes in, which takes our total up to £77.5 million. That isn't bad compared to Liverpool's £88 million, though I noticed you chose to leave Gerrard out - Why?

It's 5:40 in the morning. That's why ;)

Edited it to put him in btw.

Harper (~£0? - Nominal fee to non-league club)
Perch (£1.2m?) | S. Taylor (£0) | Coloccini (£10m) | José Enrique (£6.3m)
Routledge (£800k?) | Barton (£5.8m) | Nolan (£4m) | Gutierrez (£0)
Carroll (£0) | Ameobi (£0) / Lovenkrands (£0)

Comes out around £28.1m

Last edited:
VDS( 2million)

O'sheas( 0) Rio(30million) Vidic( 7million) Evra( 5million)

Valencia(17million) Scholes( O) Fletcher (0) Nani( 14million)

Rooney( 29million) Berbatv( 30million)

Total= 132million( if i can count)

I noticed you chose O'Shea ahead of Rafael or Neville for your RB. Why?

Manchester United season 3

Igor Akinfeev (£23 Million)
Rafeal da Silva (£2.6 Million)
Rio Ferdinand (£29 Million)
Nemanja Vidic (£7 Million)
Patrice Evra (£5.5 Million)
Antonio Valencia (£16.75 Million)
Luka Modric (£25.5 Million)
Darren Fletcher (free)
Nani (£17 Million
Wayne Rooney (£27 Million)
Eden Dzeko (£28 Million)

Total: £181.35 Million

Not bad for a team that has won the Premier League (x2) Champions League, FA Cup (x2)

Ryan, this thread is in the Football section and is therefore based on real-life teams.

Ryan, this thread is in the Football section and is therefore based on real-life teams.

oh right, i apologise.

in that case then, same as what Scott said. Apart from i would have Rafeal in the side which cost us £2.6 Million but that was a joint deal for him and twin Fabio.

we dont need another striker, dzeko. he's overrated in fm.

I noticed you chose O'Shea ahead of Rafael or Neville for your RB. Why?

O'shea to me is a solid player, who is totally under rated rated in my opinion, he rarelys makes a mistake, he is quicker and stronger then G.Neville whhilst more experience then Rafael.

Last edited:
O'shea to me is a solid player, who is totally over rated in my opinion, he rarelys makes a mistake, he is quicker and stronger then G.Neville whhilst more experience then Rafael.

Fair enough then. If you consider him your best RB, I have no qualms with his inclusion.

Expensive first XI for you guys, though not surprising in the slightest.

Fair enough then. If you consider him your best RB, I have no qualms with his inclusion.

Expensive first XI for you guys, though not surprising in the slightest.

Yeah it all racks up, Very expensive side, but we had to spend it at the time to catch up with chelsea.

I was going to put Wes Brown down, who to me is a class defender, but he is always injured so cant really count towards a 1st Xi

Hmmm, I can give you the cost of squads if you want? The numbers will be about a year out of date though because of how accounts work.

As of 30th June 2008 (couldn't find more recent sorry - if anyone has them or can link me to them, please do :)), Chelsea had a squad for which they had paid £351,684,000.

As of 30th September 2009, Manchester United had a squad for which they had paid £229,240,000.

As of 30th June 2009, Spurs had a squad for which they had paid £197,122,000.

As of 31st May 2009, Manchester City had a squad for which they had paid £185,280,000.

As of 31st July 2009, Liverpool had a squad for which they had paid £180,920,000.

As of 31st May 2009, Arsenal had a squad for which they had paid £131,462,000.

As of 1st June 2009, Aston Villa had a squad for which they had paid £99,931,623.

As of 31st May 2009, Everton had a squad for which they had paid £76,013,000.

As of 30th June 2008, Fulham had a squad for which they had paid £53,045,334.

As of 30th June 2009, Burnley had a squad for which they had paid £9,253,000.

As of 31st May 2008, Stoke City had a squad for which they had paid £8,171,000.

Just some examples. To make them up-to-date, deduct what you really paid for a player (not paper talk) and add what you really paid for players after those dates.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I can give you the cost of squads if you want? The numbers will be about a year out of date though because of how accounts work.

As of 30th June 2008 (couldn't find more recent sorry - if anyone has them or can link me to them, please do :)), Chelsea had a squad for which they had paid £351,684,000.

As of 30th September 2009, Manchester United had a squad for which they had paid £229,240,000.

As of 30th June 2009, Spurs had a squad for which they had paid £197,122,000.

As of 31st May 2009, Manchester City had a squad for which they had paid £185,280,000.

As of 31st July 2009, Liverpool had a squad for which they had paid £180,920,000.

As of 31st May 2009, Arsenal had a squad for which they had paid £131,462,000.

As of 31st May 2009, Everton had a squad for which they had paid £76,013,000.

Just some examples. To make them up-to-date, deduct what you really paid for a player (not paper talk) and add what you really paid for players after those dates.

Wonder how high Citys is this year included, Probaly around 350million Inc last Jan.
Does that take into account Agent Fees?

Wonder how high Citys is this year included, Probaly around 350million Inc last Jan.
Does that take into account Agent Fees?

Yeah, agent fees and signing on fees will be included in this as are add-ons which have been triggered and paid for. Usually initial fees will be another 15% or so on top of the actual money paid for the registration (which is what clubs are really paying for when they buy a player). And then you've got the signing on fees for 'free' players and also signing on fees for existing players signing new contracts.

edit: I'd expect Man City to be somewhere up around Chelsea's level of two years ago as of right now, if not more. Spurs will be a lot higher too. Arsenal and Manchester United a little higher. Liverpool will be lower. I'd expect Chelsea to be lower too.

Last edited:
lol....and people say Chelsea didn't buy their way to the title.

Yes, yes, Chelsea bought the title and Liverpool have lots of history.

We're done. Keep it civil.

Saints
Pletikosa - 950k
Richardson - 0
Harding - 0
Fonte - 1.2m? (Undisc)
Jaidi - 0
Lallana - 0
Puncheon - 250k?
Schneiderlin - 1m
Hammond - 400k
Lambert - 1.1m