Votes: 1 8.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madman558

Banned
Reaction score
Since I only have the one save on FM (my coventry save) currently won the EPL 2 times, FA cup 4 times, the League cup 2 times, the community shield 5 times, and the EURO cup once... its safe to say that I have taken Coventry as far as I can...

I want to see how far you can take Coventry City (from Mid table championship to the ends of the earth to face the best teams in the world? or relegation and struggle in LLM games?

Over the span of 10 seasons how far do you think you can take Coventry? following what I have done? or the complete oposite leaving the fans to clutch onto their former glory?

points break down:

Season 1:
Promotion (winners): 500 points
Promotion (2nd place): 450 points
Promotion (via - play offs): 400 points
3rd - 6th: 350 points
7th - 14th: 300 points
14th - 21st: 100 points
22nd - 24th (and possibly getting fired): -500 points

5 games won in a row gains 100 points (on top of the 10 per each game)
10 games won in a row gains 200 points (on top of the 10 per each game)

Every win gains 10 points
Each draw gains 5 points
Beating Leicester gains 50 points
Beating Portsmouth gains 20 points
Beating Cardiff gains 15 points

Winning the FA cup: 600 points
WInning the League cup: 400 points

If i gain any competitors i will release season 2 and 3 information

AS ALWAYS, NO CHEATING (INCLUDING FMRTE, DATA EDITOR ETC... NO CORNER BUGGING)
MAXIMUM OF 20 SAVES (Per season) so after 2 seasons i need to see 40 or less

***Failure to comply will result in point deductions or disqualification! (you have been warned)***

Manager previous reputation: Automatic (to make it fair on everybody)

required screen shots:
Table (after you finish the season)
Transfer history (so i can see that you have not been cheating)
Game information screen (for number of saves)
Results (so that i can award bonus points for winning streaks)

After 3 weeks (seen as people will be busy with school, college, uni or work) Season 1 will be finished and i will add up your scores.

please comment or pm if you are going to take part.. (Seen as this is my 1st challenge it will not be as good as others.. but i will try make it as fun as possible)

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:57 PM ----------

bump :D

Last edited:
Haha, I won the FA cup in my first season, beating 5 prem teams. This included Chelsea, and Liverpool in the Final.

All without cheating, but I will be darned if I can do any better than that. I think it was just a fluke as have failed to finnish above 15th in prem after that.

Infact, I really do struggle in the premiership full stop.

Haha, I won the FA cup in my first season, beating 5 prem teams. This included Chelsea, and Liverpool in the Final.

All without cheating, but I will be darned if I can do any better than that. I think it was just a fluke as have failed to finnish above 15th in prem after that.

Infact, I really do struggle in the premiership full stop.

believe me... its a struggle in the 1st season... after that though its easier :D

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

not very far TBH

how do you mean??

Oh, I don't have this to hand as in the process of a new game with Cov (Due to the fact after 5 seasons with the likes of J Cole etc on 100K a week I was losing about 4million a month with 2 bank loans.

So, have started a new one - Currently 18th in Prem (after finishing 2nd in Champ) and not paying any more than 20K a week wages.

Oh, I don't have this to hand as in the process of a new game with Cov (Due to the fact after 5 seasons with the likes of J Cole etc on 100K a week I was losing about 4million a month with 2 bank loans.

So, have started a new one - Currently 18th in Prem (after finishing 2nd in Champ) and not paying any more than 20K a week wages.

lol whats your expectations?

I think your challenge isn't too bad, I wont be doing it as I haven't got the time to do so. If i did I would give it a try though ;)

I think your challenge isn't too bad, I wont be doing it as I haven't got the time to do so. If i did I would give it a try though ;)

i think i was too ambitious with my first ever challenge lol but thanks for the input :)

Nah mate if you dont it then its proven it can be done so, plus its a challenge its supposed to be hard thats the fun in it :D

Well I suppose there is quite a few other challenges going on aswell, and they are too busy doing them challenges.

never give up |)

i certainly wont ;)

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Well I suppose there is quite a few other challenges going on aswell, and they are too busy doing them challenges.

thats what i was thinking, plus its a long winded one... so yeah lol

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Nah mate if you dont it then its proven it can be done so, plus its a challenge its supposed to be hard thats the fun in it :D

touche... i didnt think of that, but believe me when i was doing it i was pulling my hair out screaming at my monitor lol

we all pull out our hair and shout at fm XD well us that take it serious which is a big majority of us haha

Nah not at all mate, thats the thrill of the game, when you celebrate a 90th minute winner or punch something when you lose. It shows the games amazing and addictive. Thats why we're all on here :D

you wouldn't experience that feeling without fm so lol.

Nah not at all mate, thats the thrill of the game, when you celebrate a 90th minute winner or punch something when you lose. It shows the games amazing and addictive. Thats why we're all on here :D

you wouldn't experience that feeling without fm so lol.

very true... but there is always good old LMA Manager lol! i still have the whole collectiong plus 2007 (on ps2 and xbox lol)

Being a mad City fan I'd love to do this, but I don't think I fancy entering into the challenge because I don't really think I could keep up with the times etc, with just being on my way back to uni! Still going to get into getting Cov as far as I can though, although in my only save I haven't done too well so far.
Tricky with the money situation too. I got a board takeover second season, brought out by the fans, and I got a message from the Chairman saying he was "planning no financial investment" :(
So that annoyed me and put me off that save, and playing an Arsenal one atm! But good on ya for starting a challenge, just wish I had the time to get involved :)
Maybe at some point I might be able to manage to get Us somewhere near as good as you did!
Out of interest, did you get promoted first season? Feel free to PM if you don't wana clog up your thread, I'll chat about City all day long haha!

I prefer to take teams from BSN/S when playing as LLM..