JoeAllenSCFC

Reaction score
As a lower league manager, in any of the FM games?

Ive got as far as the fourth round, beating Ipswich and Bolton in the process :)

My biggest aim is to get to the final with a lower league club, has anyone done this? Or is it impossible?

i reached the q/f with southampton but was lucky with the draw as i didnt face any prem teams till the q/f where i got beat 4-1 by man city

i reached the q/f with southampton but was lucky with the draw as i didnt face any prem teams till the q/f where i got beat 4-1 by man city
Lost 4-1 vs Reading 4th Round with Port Vale. Morale dropped and it started a slow downward trend towards the end of the season. Went from 1st to missing the playoffs by a single point. Hate the FA Cup now

Got to the final with Kidderminster Harriers when in League 1. Lost to Man U i think but got into Europe the next season!

i rembered Middlesbourgh beating man city in the semis, and also beating Man u in the final. thats was shocking.

bristol city came as far as the next years semifinal. also was wolves.

Got to the fourth round with Bromley before losing 2-1 to United. Was a brave fight though, and we got loadsamoney from it, so decent result in all.

I made the 5th round with Boston United whilst in the BSP beating Boro, Burnley and West Ham in the process.
The gutting thing was I got knocked out by Bournemouth.

I got to semi finals with Havant and Waterlooville! Beat Manchester United 2-0 and Manchester City 2-1! lost to chelsea 2-1 :( this was when i was in BSP.

Got to the 4th round with Rochdale in League 1. Beat Chelsea 2-1 in the 3rd round after goin 1-0 down, scored the winner with 10 men on the pitch after my LM got injured :)

Won it in League 1.
Beat Arsenal 4-1 in the final with a Benik Afobe hat-trick.

Eastleigh :wub:

Won it in League 2 with Dover in 2014.

i got to the 1/4 final when i was in the blue square prem with fc united, beat chelsea along the way!

---------- Post added 21/07/2011 at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 18/07/2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Best so far was 3rd round with Alfreton in League 2. Just made it to the 4th round of the league cup after beating Southampton in 3rd round. I've got a home tie to Sunderland in the next round. Hoping to get a draw and get some money from the replay.

Got beat 4-2 AET by Sunderland but was leading with 5 minutes to go. I've got to the 5th round and now face Liverpool at home. I beat them 4-0 in a friendly but it was their youth side. If nothing else I'll hopefully get some money from TV and boost the coffers for next season.

Managed to win from the League One , was in year 2024 or something with a team i brought from regional divisions :) went **** in the league but every cup match was just insane for some reason.

since 3 seasons in a row i seem to exit in the first round i enter. Why? because i always face tought opponents in the first round! when i was in championship, i was facing tought championship opponents, when i was in league one, aswell and now beeing in premier league, i face a team from the premier league. Its frustrating that teams like Tottenham get in first round teams from BSS. And i face the likes of Aston Villa -.-

Loving this thread, The romance of the F.A Cup.
Furthest ive got with Huddersfield so far is the 3rd Round. And thats the stage ive been entered at for the past 3 Championship years.

3rd round of the FA Cup is the most exciting day in the football calendar in my point of view.
Close 2nd is the opening day of the Premier League unless your team losses!

On FM07 with League One Harrogate Town (I had taken them from the Conference North), I made the 4th Round in the 2009/10 season. It was only the second time I had faced a Premiership side in competitive football, and Wolves (who were sitting 5th in the Prem) thrashed me 4-1. I scored first and hung on till just before the break and then it was down hill.

I beat Liverpool 2-0 at home in the 5th round then Leeds 2-1 at home in the 6th round to set up a semi final tie with either Everton or Utd. I know this may be hard to believe as I am playing with Alfreton Town in League 1 but I will post screen shots this weekend. I have been lucky that all my games have been at home apart from 2nd round.

Amazing scenes down Alfreton high street....

My best so far with Blyth was the 5th round when I was back in the BSP. Beat Wolves in the 4th round then lost to Millwall :/

Since I've been in the Premiership, I've lost to 2 Championship teams in the 4th round - so annoying!