how good is your sunderland teams?

James_Art46

Reaction score
i manage sunderland. on the first season we finished 8th position. reaching semifinal in league cup, and sixth round in fa cup. darren bent 2nd in goalscorer chart with 23 goals, only 5 goals behind the leader (tevez).
we're now on the second season, struggling to show the best from us. curently on 12th position (4 wins, 0 draw, 7 loses). but progress into quarter final in league cup, by knocking chelsea down on the penalty shoot-out.
i use 4-4-2 formation

---------------------- Gordon ---------------------
-- Bardsley -- Ferdinand -- Turner -- McCartney

-- Malbraque -- Deco -- Cattermole -- Di Maria

------------ Bent ---------- Milevskiy ----------------

Thx.
(NB : sorry if my english not very good :p)

sweet, got mine to a similar place first season second season was 6th and when won the euro cup and super cup 2012, FA cup 2014, was runner up 2011 2013 won the league 2014 and then got bored :D

guillermo ochoa
rafinha - turner - sakho - bale
sissoko
hamsik - paulo/cattermole
dzageov
Rooney - Aguero
use a 4-1-2-1-2

Last edited:
sweet, got mine to a similar place first season second season was 6th and when won the euro cup and super cup 2012, FA cup 2014, was runner up 2011 2013 won the league 2014 and then got bored :D

guillermo ochoa
sissiko
dzageov
Rooney - Aguero
use a 4-1-2-1-2

ROONEY AND AGUERO, i smell an editor somewhere haha

lol nah thats my final 2014 team, after couple of seasons chairman injected aload of cash and boosted transfer budget to 50m , spent my whole seasons transfer budget on em both, ageuro 2013/2014 30m+monthly installements 12m same for rooney in 2014 season, prior to that had milevskyi and cardozo, they wanted to leave after 3-4 seasons, worth it been highest scoring team in the league for past 1-2 seasons

Last edited:
Not managed them yet, but the computer controlled Sunderland always seem to do very very well, Darren Bent scored for fun

I'm half way through my first season and its been up and down. Up until December it was going brilliant. Mid table but pushing Europe and then the winter blues hit. Now its Jan 4th I'm 17 and 2 points away from relegation. But silver lining I'm in Semi of League Cup.

------------------------Gordon------------------------
Beadsley----Ferdinand----Paulo da Silva----Aurelio
Beckham---Cana---L.Donavon---Cattermole---Malbranque
-----Ronaldo------

Becks and Don were Free and have only just arrived so fingers crossed for second half of the season! Don't want to risk the wrath of the Quinn...

I managed Sunderland before and in first season manged to get them 5th in the EPL, with only 3 signings:

Beckham
Barnetta
Felipe

Hope you do well.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Don't spam mate.

Its not the first thread mate, it's like the 3rd!

Felipe is a very good signing does well at lb or lm

guillermo ochoa
sissoko
dzageov
Rooney - Aguero
use a 4-1-2-1-2

how can you get to season 2014 so fast ? as i still in my halfway through 2nd season ? you play FM 2010 or FM 2009 ?
btw i've been sacked on dec 2010, after defeat against stoke. i still in 12th position, and my team started to gelling again. milevskiy done great job on last 5 matches than that loses and the board sacked me ??? :mad:
dunno what on their mind ???
so i think this thread been closed after this ... :p

hahaha, aye was like that on my newcastle fm09 game. I usually get bored and holiday half the seasons :D n on fm10 yeah.

I survived the season and finished 16th. One of my worst seasona on a football manager game as it goes!!

Ronaldo ended up winning signing of the season and scored 19 goals. Not bad for 2.4mil

Beckham was awful but Donavon had a good year.

im nearly starting a season with sunderland, i'll let you know my team when the transfer window is over

ROONEY AND AGUERO, i smell an editor somewhere haha

Well he is on 2014 and might of just signed them.

It is possible he might of done really well in the seasons before and the last season maybe won League, Fa Cup, League Cup, Champions League.

All the money from that would of given him funds for Rooney & Aguero