How is my Napoli side coming along? 3rd Season

zhirkov

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm halfway through my 3rd season with Napoli. First season I finished 3rd (Juve won), 2nd season I won with 2 games over Juve, start of the third season I got the supercup and progressing well. I've been trying to build a kind of Italian Arsenal, in that i'm looking for young kids and building them rather than laying out millions, and selling the big stars. My average wage now is 10k/wk, total wage bill around 650k. I've slowly sold a couple of non italian wonderkids and also some prima donnas, big salary players etc.

Here is my current setup:

------------------------------CAVANI (CF/A) -----------------------------

-----VERDI (IF/A)--------VERATTI (AM/A)-------EL SHAARWARY (WG/A)----

------------------CRISETIG (BWM/D)-------POLI (AP/A)--------------------

--CAPUANO (FB/S)--CAMPORESE (CB/D) --PRESTIA (CB/D)--SANTON (FB/S)--

------------------------------HANDANOVIC--------------------------------

Subs:
Destro
Daprela
Ceppelini
Perin
Munoz
Parleta
Mendler

Transfers Out (only major after season 1)

2011/12: Zuniga, Aronica, Santana, Grava, Britos, Dzemaili, Fernandez, Donadel, Campagnaro

2012/13: Maggio, Inler, Mascara, Rinaudo, Hoffer, Santana

2013/14: Hamsik (23.5 Man U), Vrsaljko (15m Barca), Lavezzi (20m Real), De Sanctis, Juan Manuel Vargas, Rosati

Transfers In:

2011/12: Veratti, Prestia, Daprela, Santon (32.5m :O)

2012/13: Crisetig, Munoz, Essien (Season Loan), Sanogo (Season Loan), Juan M. Vargas, Tremolada, Vrsalkjo

2013/14: Destro, Ceppelini, Handanovic, Camporese, Parlato, Mendler, Fossati, Guiseppe Giovinco, Carioto, Capuano, Poli, El Shaarwary, Perin, Verdi, Pasquato, Albertazzi

--

Just looking to make sure I'm playing some of my better wonderkids (poli, crisetig, verrati) where they should be. Not sure on either of the wide men, I like using inside forwards if anyone has any ideas, lavezzi used to destroy on the left as an IF, sometimes play cavani right and destro up front but hes pretty shaky at the moment. Italian would be preferable.

I think I might have gone too far with the selling, as the team seem to have no confidence and cant hit a barn door at the moment. I'm happy to buy one or 2 more kids and then wait the 2-3 years for them to become a force, just amassing money, no further transfers. Looking to win everything out there with these guys.

Any advice welcome, thanks :)

I cant stress enough how silly you have been in selling Hamsik thats a terrible piece of business, however with you looking to build an Italian team Cristeg is a very good replacement. You seem to be doing ok for Napoli just keep a regular first team playing together and morale will pick up after you start getting a few good results.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why you sold Hamsik and Vrsaljko and Lavezzi either. You can't sell so many important players and then expect the players to suddenly do well or anything.

hamsik for 23 mil. ****, his stats are amazin for any position. could easily sell him for 40 mil. you got bumped silly.

While I applaud your first and second season transfers, you totally went Wenger on the third season.