How is the name of a new stadium generated?

Patrick123

Reaction score
I've seen several people here who have gotten a new stadium. I'm just wondering how the name of the new stadium is generated by the game? Does it make up a "proper" name like Old Trafford, Fratton Park, Britannia Stadium and so on, or will the new name simply be Liverpool Stadium, Manchester City Stadium, etc.?

well mate i always get new stadium wich has name like my last name... for example Ferguson Arena

Usually the new stadium is named after a famous manager or player at the club. On FM10 I had a stadium named after a player who scored over 50 goals in one season and got my team to Ligue 2 and then left the club. I felt a bit insulted as I had got them from the french third division to Ligue 1 champions in five seasons and they then name it Faure Park.

the blackburn stadium i have is Shearer Arena :)

Normally they'll generate it from one of your icons/legends/favoured personnel (check information screen on your team)

On FM2010 i had a new stadium called the Zola Arena.

on my west ham game, this is after a few seasons off winning the league, champion league and so on, they named it west ham stadium, we do have a roof

In my FM09 save Swindon had a new stadium named after their greatest ever manager... "Nunya Stadium" :)

I was hoping that we might be able to choose the name ourselves by now, but I don't think we can, we just have to have what they give us..