How is this guy scoring so many goals?

damesjond

Reaction score
So I've been playing CM/FM since I was 10 and a lot of stuff in the game have surprised me (when you win the treble, and a player wants to leave to win trophies for example) but I think this is the most surprising.
View attachment 236719
He's a good player but not world class. I play 4-1-4-1 and I put him on the left side as wide midfielder, I let him cut inside and set his crossing to rarely, so he functions like an inside forward but as an ML.
I mix it with a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, and I play him as a central midfielder attack in that formation, yet he still scores almost are frequently.
In both formations we play a slow tempo and work the ball into the box, so he has scored about 3 long range goals max.
Now here are his stats
View attachment 236718
Granted he plays in Scotland but the Scottish league in 2022/2023 is ranked 8th in the league rankings and in the champions league he hasn't been bad either.
Also, he has scored 11 penalties and 7 free kicks but that leaves him with 23 goals from open play. Isn't that shocking?
First he is an ML not an AML, then his stats for finishing, off the ball, decision making, balance, anticipation are all low, yet somehow he has 41 goals, and it's still March!!!

Anyone experience this before.

Nice, he looks pretty good, if you factor out his physical attributes he looks similar Hazard, with better determination and flair... And we all know how much he gets on the score sheet. He looks like he could become a world class player if he isnt there already, how good are your coaches at recognizing ability?

View attachment 236609