zigaliro555

Reaction score
Me and my friend decided to play 1 match against each other in versus competition. He never played football manager and this was his first time. That`s also the reason he does not know anything about football manager, he also doesn`t know alot about barcelona because he doesnt watch football that often, yet he still somehow beat me 3-1?! Now he is making fun out of me and i still cant understand how he beat me without any tactical knowledge and with 1 random tactic that he made. He was barca and i was atletico.

his tactics:
View attachment 155206

Surely i would be able to beat him with him playing a tactic like this? He mostly just clicked random things because he does not know anything about football manager, yet he still beat me!?

my tactics:
View attachment 155205

I just made a simple tactic, I know it is not the best, but I just made it quick and fast.

We had more possession and also way more shots, when the score was 2-1, he had 2 shots and 2 goals. i had 26 shots, 8 shots on target and only 1 goal -_-. This was match stats until 70th minute when i made my whole team go more attacking and then he scored another one..... how did he beat me?! Was he just extremely lucky or was my tactic so poor that even he beat me even tho he never played fm? I`m mad and confused...

Edit: Could someone tell me what is wrong with that Atletico tactics and why was his tactics much better(apparently)?

Last edited:
His formation is not ideal for long playing games, but for one match, it is quite good actually, If he just did not used this much TI-s...
He always had at least 4 players behind ball, he clogged the middle with his DLP-s, he did not allowed your strikers space as he was sitting deep, so although you had most of possession and more shots, you could not had too much opened situation for scoring. Even if you had CCC-s, you were most likely blocked or shooting from contact, and these are low percentage shots.
On the attacking end, he was constantly drawing you out and creating space, while playing with less risk then you were, so when he created some chances, these were better situations for scoring...

I think Sampioli made best coment about football that I have ever saw, without even mentioning football :
Sampaoli said: “One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers
“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”
HE pulled back, left you no space that you can exploit (he did actually, but you did not used it), and left you with ball giving you every opportunity to make mistake, and then when you were out of position, he used it.

I would say the main problem with your formation is the lack of vertical movement, all of your defenders are set to defend, all of your midfielders are on support, it is very easy to predict what your team will do. Think of LVG at Man Utd, possession galore but a lack of penetration means no goals, I'd say you need to move the full backs on to support at least and have at least one of not 2 midfielders set too attack. Then with the TI's you have selected you should still be defensively solid, but you should get more penetration and create more quality chances