How long are you playing a save for?

JamieFm91

Reaction score
Due to not having much time to play on FM13, i've only got one save as my beloved Man Utd, it's 2019/2020 now and as things stand with the regens i have and the way the league now plays out, i'm set up for the next 8/9 years, and i'm starting to think as to whether or not i should look for a new challenge, i said to myself much like SAF that i want to win the ECC one more time before i quit but now i have and have no idea what to do. Just wondering how other people have done things, how far do you go as the big teams? and if you've decided you've done all you can in your current save, do you resign and find a new challenge in the current year, or do you start a new save altogether? also who has been your most enjoyable save with so far?

i cant play with the big teams. incredibly boring for me... atm i'm using blackpool. 1st season finished 2nd in championship=promotion. Second season 10th in BPL. 3rd season (just finished) 5th=europa league. this is the only way i find the game fun, making the team get promoted and make a major difference to them.

Due to not having much time to play on FM13, i've only got one save as my beloved Man Utd, it's 2019/2020 now and as things stand with the regens i have and the way the league now plays out, i'm set up for the next 8/9 years, and i'm starting to think as to whether or not i should look for a new challenge, i said to myself much like SAF that i want to win the ECC one more time before i quit but now i have and have no idea what to do. Just wondering how other people have done things, how far do you go as the big teams? and if you've decided you've done all you can in your current save, do you resign and find a new challenge in the current year, or do you start a new save altogether? also who has been your most enjoyable save with so far?

To be honest, starting a save with Man U is not much of a challenge in the first place! Surely it's better to start further down the ladder and aspire to manage one of the big boys? In fact, I would go so far as to say that the game shouldn't allow you to manage one of the top teams straight away until you have experience and success with a lower league team. Maybe this is something SI should look into if they're striving for more reallity in the game.

i cant play with the big teams. incredibly boring for me... atm i'm using blackpool. 1st season finished 2nd in championship=promotion. Second season 10th in BPL. 3rd season (just finished) 5th=europa league. this is the only way i find the game fun, making the team get promoted and make a major difference to them.

I totally agree!

im like sfolio, in that i find managing the top teams boring..i guess some players prefer bigger challenges than others.
Ive only managed two clubs so far, but over 4 saves. I started with Newcastle, played till christmas..placed 6th when things started to go wrong lol.
started again with them with a few different tweeks to tactics an again got bored of the save...but was pleased with the tactics+strategy :)
Went down to BSS with Truro, takein my newly tweeked tactics with me an started to enjoy the experience alot more! though i made some mistakes because of the transfer embargo they are under (released too many players to cut wage bill, which kinda back-fired).
So i decided to start again, an after 3 an a bit seasons loved it!

I would recommend droppin down to a very small club to test your talents, an make yourself goals..like reach the league in 3 seasons an premier in 10 years. Now this is a challenge! Ive made league 2, but this is when i noticed a big difference in class!

I love the fact the club rep has grown, an turned proffesional...the stadium is now (or soon will be) over 4x the size, an all done on a meagre budget (except one massive payday away to chelsea in cup earned us 700k)!

I guess though..if i do succeed an turn Truro City into a euro power, id be resigning an looking down the leagues once again

To be honest, starting a save with Man U is not much of a challenge in the first place! Surely it's better to start further down the ladder and aspire to manage one of the big boys? In fact, I would go so far as to say that the game shouldn't allow you to manage one of the top teams straight away until you have experience and success with a lower league team. Maybe this is something SI should look into if they're striving for more reallity in the game.

Yeah i like this idea

One year, that's how long FM 2013 works for me. I get a crash on the 2nd of July 2013. Payed for a double-demo...

I like getting a BSS or BSN side to prem and euro and then start again, for some reason it's just much more fun for me I got aldershot town to prem then quit and took over at st Neots

having said that, i cant start with BSP/BSS/BSN teams. it gets boring sooo easily for me

I usually do 2-3 seasons tops! Unless I'm really into the save and taking a team up through the leagues, but if you are a prem team maybe 3 seasons. I like to play with as many teams as possible tbh that's why 3 seasons is normally a good amount of time, being a Villa fan i always start with them (which is a real challenge this year) and then start a new one with whichever team takes my fancy once I'm bored.

My most enjoyable save I have ever had was in FM2012... Started with Swindon, promoted up to the Championship, took the Fulham job, saved them from relegation, then relegated the next season, sacked, took the West Ham job where I saved them from relegation and turned them into a top 5 team the next season.I then left for debt riddled Genoa, stabalised them and moved onto Austria Wien (sp) and took them on a Europa League run. A bizarre save, but I find jumping from team to team quite fun. Otherwise, I can only enjoy saves with my own team, Rangers. If you are bored, start a game with a mid table team in an obscure European league, then try taking them onto European success and domestic dominence.

Why don't you start another save whilst continuing your Man Utd save? That way you can have a better challenge with a smaller team (even if they are in the EPL) and you also still have a save with your favorite team. That's what I do, one with Chelsea and one with a smaller team(not too small though as i get bored and dont have the patience)

I tend to only have 1 save per version. Usually I start as rangers then when I get bored of the SPL I start applying for jobs. In various years I've gone to crystal place, Everton, spurs, inter, man utd, byern

This year I couldn't be bothered with rangers, so I just went for liverpool. I tend to enjoy the teams that have some money but can't go throwing it around, my best saves were everton and spurs.

I'll always get bored after 5 seasons. As a whole I like the idea of regens but personally I don't like it when teams begin to flood with them, so I end up stopping round them, besides I never get to finish more than 5 seasons because I'm always playing other games and i've got work/exams. Right now i'm in the middle of 6 games oO)

I'm also up to 2019/20 in a Classic Mode save of Man Utd (yes, I support them and like to play as my favourite!), but as others have said the Regens are so good I'm winning the league by 20 points at least - I have three world class right midfielders alone and no one to replace Gareth Bale on the left!

Anyway, as that got too easy, I'm into my second season as Utd on Full Mode, but I just can't be arsed with all that other superfluous stuff like agent offers - more realistic maybe, and it's nice to be able to scout out some gems from far and wide, but it's also turning a game into a full-time job that you don't get paid for. I still play the Classic Mode save when this one gets too detailed to tolerate.

Also I forget who said about starting at a smaller club (sorry!), but is anyone old enough to remember the Premier Manager series? In those games you could only start as a Conference team and had to work your way up, nabbing reserves and squad players on small budgets in the hope you could get jobs at better teams in higher divisions. I wouldn't buy FM14 if they took away the choice of club and which division you could manage in, but if anyone is after a challenge, they could do worse than download an emulator and play one of those games!

I'm in March 2020 with Villa, they're my team so I always enjoy doing a save with them. I've gone in and out of interest in fm 13 to be honest, but it's probably a good thing...I'm enjoying playing it, but I can put it down and pick it up whenever I want. Sometimes with Fm's in the past I've not been able to put them down!

I usually have several saves on the go to keep the game fresh for me but on fm 2013 I only have one. I need to get round to starting my lower league to premiership save soon.