How long can you use one tactic for?

ianiffy

Reaction score
i have been using [h=3]Bad Possession 433...156 goal for 1 year with Newcastle with no transfers and finished 2nd 1 point behind chelsea next season i started with a couple of wins and then lost 4 in a row 3 defeats were the bottom 3 teams so i got just over a year with 1 tactic is it worth trying three throughout each year now i win one and then lose 2 with other tactics[/h]

As long as you like the comp wont figure them out, the fact they shut up shop and try hit you on the break after a sucessful tactic period is more based on club rep, than AI. It is worth keeping at least 3/4 rather than play one all the time.

Yup, always have 1 or 2 extra tactics you can change to. I think teams are scared of your side and shutting up shop now. also pay close attention to their opening formation and see if it is a counter to what you are running. also when you are alerted that a team is 'changing from their normal style', pay close attention. pause the game, and see if you need to make an adjustment to counter their change. they might be getting more aggressive or they might actually be changing to a less aggressive -counter- mentality, which can hurt you if your players are caught out too far forward.

How can you tell the opponents mentality?