How long do your games go on for?

Raffazza

Reaction score
Hi there, just curious really....

I am pretty bad and tend to start a new game after playing an old one for about two or three seasons, mainly because I keep getting excited at the thought of managing a new team in a new league (currently considering starting a new one and establishing Aston Villa as a european power, or perhaps manage in Russia/Ukraine...) Just wondering how long people play for?

Is it more common to have the one game that one plays through a decade plus, or does everyone have lots of shorter games?

i tend to have 3-4 main files which by about this time of the year are perhaps 20-30 years in. when playing over such a long period of time it is very possible to get excited about managing new teams and players without having to start a new file.

i start many files but generally only constantly pay a max of 5 of them more than 5-6 seasons.

I never tend to move around, on FM 2007 I played with Stalybridge for 23 years but eventually got irritated by not being able to get the board to build a bigger stadium after getting my capacity stuck at 23000.

I think the most exciting thing is to try and take a team from utter obscurity to European power. I'm working on my new Solihull AFC game, 3rd season, first in D2, but I have EVERY league loaded and playable, which means there are so many youngsters, and I'm sure it's affected work permits somehow, I have a player from Burkina Faso, who I signed at the start of the season.

I'm looking forward to premiership football hopefully in 4-5 seasons. By which time the youth system will be really well developed around the whole world! Lots to do, lots to scout!

Only problem is it takes about 3 mins to process a day!

i usually get bored after about 3 seasons but im not the best fm'er