How long does it take a team to "gel"?

shirleymush

Reaction score
I am playing as Southampton in the PL (third season). We're 13th with a young side, and a lot of the players were signed in the summer. Can I expect results to improve as the season wears on?

I play 4-2-3-1 and have the likes of Christaldo, Naki, Weiss, San Jose, Addison, James Rodriguez. We usually beat the lower/mid-table sides but invariably get absolutely tuned by United, Chelsea etc.

Should we be doing better with the players at my disposal or would a mid-table finish be a reasonable achievement with such a young team? Should I change to a more defensive tactic? Or bring in some more experienced players as stopgap?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16744

You can use that..

Otherwise, with a young squad in your first season in PL, mid table is probably pretty good, even with very good players, Chelsea and Arsenal etc. will batter you for a while, they're going to have better players, and managers, but what really matters is how you play against mid table teams, similar to your team

13th is good in your first prem season and your players should gel around now so you will be fine for midtable