How long have you negotiated a sale?

Montanaro

Reaction score
As the title queries, what is the longest negotiation you've had when trying to sell a player.

I ask because I usually try to negotiate for higher fees, and talks can last over a week. I'm very careful to only raise my asking price one tick at a time. Usually if you ask too much to fast, you'll almost never be able to request anywhere near the original fee again!

Just wondering what others experiences are when trying to sell a player.

Depends on the quality of the player and what he does to the team harmony. I usually sell my players for anything unless its off my top players.

hmmm, I had a few teams after one of my players. After a week, I got the price up to 1.7 million from 1.3. However after this last round of negotiations, 3 of the teams actually counter offered with only 1 million.

It's like walking a tight rope.

Whenever I receive offers they tend ot be non-negotiable. I do reject 99% of offers and enquiries though, so I guess that's my own fault :p

hmmm, I had a few teams after one of my players. After a week, I got the price up to 1.7 million from 1.3. However after this last round of negotiations, 3 of the teams actually counter offered with only 1 million.

It's like walking a tight rope.

Well it could be that they're 'smart' but I've also noticed that sometimes the game gets confused between offers, asking prices and previously accepted offers.

I'm always trying to get the most out of players that are wanted by several teams, but found that after the first time you negotiate the offers get really confusing.

Another problem I've had is that when offering a player other teams might offer a previous asking price.

Maybe it has to do with pressing continue for the game to actually change the values when I think about it...

Whenever I receive offers they tend ot be non-negotiable. I do reject 99% of offers and enquiries though, so I guess that's my own fault :p

If you have an asking price set, the offers are very likely to be non-negotiable. But the thing is, if you have several offers for one player, you actually can negotiate even if the offers are non-negotiable, via the transfer screen. This is actually offering the player only to those clubs, at a higher price, so it's not really negotiating, and can sometimes be unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Sigh all offers for my players are non-negotiable which is really annoying, that's why I never sold a player with more than 5m .I understand if you 'offer player to clubs' they'll come with non-negotiable offer but for me that's the only way to sell my player. Any advice to sell players with more than their value?

Usually i dont bother negotiating. Im just thankfull somebody actually made an offer on one of my players. So hard to try sell players. So many players sitting around getting paid but never playing, tied up on long term deals.

Usually i dont bother negotiating. Im just thankfull somebody actually made an offer on one of my players. So hard to try sell players. So many players sitting around getting paid but never playing, tied up on long term deals.

Yeah it's hard but sometimes a player who scored 20+ goals last season deserve more than their value. Just wish that the selling problem will be patched soon

Sigh all offers for my players are non-negotiable which is really annoying, that's why I never sold a player with more than 5m .I understand if you 'offer player to clubs' they'll come with non-negotiable offer but for me that's the only way to sell my player. Any advice to sell players with more than their value?

Umm

If you have an asking price set, the offers are very likely to be non-negotiable. But the thing is, if you have several offers for one player, you actually can negotiate even if the offers are non-negotiable, via the transfer screen. This is actually offering the player only to those clubs, at a higher price, so it's not really negotiating, and can sometimes be unsuccessful.

It was kinda the last post when you were posting XD